First time in Bogotá

May 17th, 2018, 05:00 PM
Original Poster

First time in Bogotá

I was very grateful for input for my first visit to Mexico City in February., now I hope for suggestions on
for where to stay in Bogotá.

Looking for a 4/5 stars hotel in an area with a lively night life, (not bars but restaurants and
people stroling around) Something like La Condesa in MC would be great.
Four or five nights? Thx.
May 20th, 2018, 12:02 AM

We stayed at the Ibis next to the Museo Nacional and found tha5 to be a pretty good location. A fifteen min walk to the centre & La Candelaria. Many guidebooks recommend staying north of Calle 65 where there are lots of boutique type hotels and are close to Zona G and Zona Rosa. Another Accor Hotel which may be worth a look is Sofitel Bogota Victoria Regia.
May 21st, 2018, 05:42 PM

I like the B3 Virrey. They call the neighborhood Chapinero on booking.com but I don't know if that's correct. It's an Ibis Style. Also the same block is the nicer Cite Hotel. There is a Best Western near Park 93 which has a lot of restaurants. I have taken the Transmileneo from B3 to Candelaria for the Graffiti tour. It's okay up until about 11:30 but gets too crowded later on in the day. Taxis are reasonable.

BTW I'd recommend reading the reviews for comments about hard beds! All but one on my recent trip to the Medellin area were like sleeping on the floor!

One nice thing about Bogota is that the airport is not very far out of town..especially if you are staying toward the north end rather than Candelaria.

Search this Thread