A lovely tour with Avrooster

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When we woke up this morning, the weather was terrible, and we were trying to figure out how we were going to entertain our toddler today. I never expected our phone to ring with resident expert avrooster kindly offering to take us on a tour of his city for the day. We jumped at the chance- asking if he could do anything about the weather.

Avrooster can do it all. When he pulled up to our apartment, the sun was shining and it was a beautiful day. I think he may have been second guessing his offer as we drove off, as both my little boys (22 months) and (4 months) started wailing. As I said, he makes things happen, within 5 minutes, they had calmed down. We had such a lovely afternoon with Avrooster. He drove us around the city, showing us beautiful little side streets in Palermo as well as areas we would have never seen. Avrooster then was generous to treat us to the best steaks we've had in Argentina so far- at La Despensa in Barracas. It was nice to get off the beaten path and have a wonderful lunch. Since we were nearby, Avrooster was kind enough to take us for a quick stop to walk through La Boca. My DH was especially happy we hadn't made a trip down there as 10 minutes was our fill of it.

It was so generous of Avrooster to share his time with us and having the opportunity to spend time with a lifelong resident of Argentina was a truly a unique experience. I find that my most treasured memories of my travels are the people I've met. This board is very lucky to have him as an expert for all of his knowledge and humor. If you are lucky enough to be offered this opportunity, you should jump on it. I look forward to the day I can entertain Avrooster and his wife in NYC.
Old Dec 26th, 2009, 04:46 PM

My pleasure, Julie, hubby and kids!
Old Dec 26th, 2009, 07:54 PM

I am so-o-o-o jealous! I so wanted to go to La Despensa in Barracas with rvrooster!!!!!! LOL!!!!
Old Dec 27th, 2009, 02:18 AM

You seem to have a sense of humor, condu, so I cannot think of any reason why this wild dream of yours shouldn't become real. LOL!!!

Most likely Marnie and her hubby will join us, unless you wish to monopolize me. ROTFLMAO!

BTW, who's "rvrooster"? A few dozen exclamation marks.
Old Dec 27th, 2009, 09:59 AM

rvrooster is the sound that a rooster makes when it is crowing.

I could not possibly " monopolize" you as my husband never lets me out of his sight when we are traveling. ROTFLMAO, indeed!

Of course, my husband & I would enjoy Marnie & her husband's company, as well.
Old Dec 27th, 2009, 10:05 AM

Oh! Only "when we are traveling"! Great! LOL!!
Old Dec 27th, 2009, 01:34 PM

Hey AV . . . can I get a tour too when we arrive in January . . . I'm pretty cute....and blonde.....we can put my SO in the back seat....LOL
Old Dec 27th, 2009, 02:35 PM

MsLizzy, it is going to be a very crowded car!
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 03:40 AM

Condu: who else is going to be in my car, besides MsLizzy&SO and yours truly?

MsLizzy: what if we have your SO do the driving, while we enjoy the BA sights from the back seat? Just kidding. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 06:14 AM

You're on AV, but I warn you, he'll have a rear view mirror and is a jealous man...LOL

This is going to be fun....how many seats in your car? Maybe we should forget the restaurant GTG and make it a movable feast! Now THAT would be interesting
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 07:11 AM

MsLizzy & Avrooster, I am going to have to pass on this "movable feast." (Blush)
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 08:19 AM

Well, it was going to be a surprise, but I was planning to remove the rear view mirror. LOL!!!!