Search

Real Madrid Ticket Collection

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Real Madrid Ticket Collection

Hey,
I've booked Real Madrid tickets on their official website and it explains I can collect tickets from a ServiCaixa terminals of "la Caixa" or at Santiago Benabéu Stadium.

The thing is that I need to bring the card with which I have bought the ticket. I'm using my father's credit card and I will not bring it to Madrid.

Is there any other options for me to collect the ticket? Can I just show them the reference number that I've got? or print the email of confirmation?
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 06:55 AM

Hmm.

You likely need to figure out how to cancel and get a card you will have with you in Madrid. I had to put my card into the machine to retrieve the tickets when I went to the Bernabeu.
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Thank you BigRuss. I guess I will need to figure out how to convince my father then. haha

ok let say if I bring the card, is it ok if the card is not under my name? and which terminal did you go to retrieve the ticket?
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 10:54 AM

The card is to validate the purchase so I'm not thinking it matters if it's under your name because the purchase is done.

You go to the Real Madrid club shop at gate 55 (or 53) of the Stadium. Take the Metro to Santiago Bernabeu (linea 1), follow the signs for the stadium and exit. Look up. You will be at the southwest corner of the stadium. Go around the southern side of it to the eastern side. About 1/2 to 2/3 of the way up the east side of the stadium is the club store and the servicaixa machines are right outside the entrance to the club store.

You can bring in food to the matches and take pictures. The beers were 3E each. The crowd is not that raucous (at least it wasn't for the Champions League match I went to - this is likely different for when Barca or Atletico play Real), except at the southern goal where the nutters resided.
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 10:58 AM

Take daddy's card otherwise you are likely to have lost out.
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Original Poster

wow thank you so much for the information BigRuss. I was so worried about it. You are helping me a lot.

yeah thanks WomBatt. and my daddy is not going to like it. lol
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 02:41 PM

I would write them and tell them that the rpeson who paid for the tickets with his card is unable to come. Can they please give you a solution, like.. can you pre-arrange something ahead of time or can they now put these on a new card number ( that you will take with you).

I imagine they will be able to do something, but not at the automated kiosks, but get this figured out way ahead of time and bring your emails, of course, with you.

Good luck.

If you use a card at the machine dispensers no need for it to be in your name.
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your help lincasanova. Actually I have been trying to call them, but the machine picked up and said something in Spanish (which I don't understand). But I have already emailed them. Now waiting for them to reply. Hope they will reply me asap
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 01:45 AM

I called for you on this because I was curious myself as to how one could resolve this situation.

The number 91 202 9637 is out of order. I called another one, starts with 902.. (I'm off their page now or would post the exact one)

Looks like you have other way to collect the tickets except with the credit card they were bought with.

Also, in the case there is a problem retrieving the tickets from the dispensers, then you must have some type of letter authorizing you to have that card in your possession and explain why it is not in your name. You would be doing this at a window at the stadium. So be sure to give yourself time between trying to get the tickets from the dispenser and getting to the game.

The email you sent, plus a letter signed by your Dad is something I would bring with me. Sorry to tell your Dad you have to do this, but I have spoken to two people and they both said the same thing.

It must be a common problem and is to help avoid fraud. Sorry to confirm this inevitable solution.
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 06:20 AM

meant to say "no other way" obviously.
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

oh that was kind of you to call them for me. thank you thank you. and yes you are right about the authorization letter. Everyone kept telling me to do the same thing as well.

I have talked to my father about my situation and thank God he was okay about it (phew!). Now I am just hoping I can collect the ticket without any problem next week. wish me luck! haha
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 07:08 AM

Credit card fraud is a cottage industry in Europe. This is why the Europeans have the chip and pin credit cards instead of the swipe and sign that Americans use. It is far less of a problem in the US.
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 08:36 AM

I'm sure you'll be fine. The machine should work without a problem, There are ATMs where you can do this all over the city/country. Servicaixa.. at La Caixa banks.

But don't try to use that card elsewhere.. they always ask for an ID, and besides this particular incident where your email to them, PLUS his letter, ( maybe also take photograph of his driver's license just to be sure) should suffice to explain the situation.. but it is nearly impossible to use someone else's card when there is a person at a counter involved.

Enjoy the game!