Weather next 10 days

Search

Weather next 10 days

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2024, 07:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weather next 10 days

Weather for the next 10 days in Oahu is rain/wind is this something that affects plans like ATV tour in Kualoa ranch, horse riding, polynesian cultural center, beaches around the island?
Old Mar 30th, 2024, 08:50 AM

Well, it all depends on the intensity of the rain and winds on any given day. I’m not sure which forecast you are looking at but you should be aware that for most tropical islands websites like weather.com or AccuWeather almost always show rain. That’s because it usually rains somewhere on the island for some time almost everyday. What those sites don’t tell you is the rain is usually in the form of fast moving, very brief, widely scattered showers lasting minutes rather than hours.

Instead if you check “sailing weather” websites like Windfinder or WindGuru which give an hour by hour description of predicted weather conditions you’ll see that the weather patterns over the next 10 days show only very brief periods of rain.
Old Mar 30th, 2024, 09:24 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I saw and answered this question on your post on Trip Advisor as well. Where are you finding your forecast? Because when I pull up Oahu for the next 10 days (weather dot com is what I looked at) I am seeing mostly sunny or party cloudy days predicted. Very little rain mentioned and only on a couple days. Wind can always happen.
Old Mar 30th, 2024, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, I was following the weather Google shows on their search results page.
Old Mar 30th, 2024, 12:10 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
If it didn't rain in the Islands - well they wouldn't be the gorgeous places they are. As RoamsAround says it rains almost every day somewhere. Even really heavy downpours will only last a few minutes.

First time I visited Oahu, many years ago, we walked into Hilo Hattie's in bright sunshine, when we walked out (or tried to) 20 or 30 minutes later it was coming down absolute buckets, we dashed back inside and 15 minutes later it was bright sunshine again -- that's when I learned the definition of 'changeable weather'.