Waikiki hotel with in room recliner

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2023, 08:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have any luck/leads on a Waikiki hotel with in room recliner? My wife can not sleep comfortably in a bed and needs to sleep in a recliner. Also if the hotel allows rental recliners that would work as well. We are planning on going for our 50th birthday year/30th anniversary celebration and if hotel is oceanfront/oceanview that is a huge plus. Thanks
Old Jun 21st, 2023, 10:05 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Welcome to Fodor's forums!

There are only 8 hotels that are actually beachfront on Waikiki - Hilton Hawaiian Village resort, Halekulani, Sheraton, two Outriggers, The Royal Hawaiian, Moana Surfrider, Hale Koa (military). If you expand that to ocean views (but not on the beach) there are many more. Directly across the street Alohilani and Hyatt Regency for example. Maybe somewhere like Embassy Suites? Dozens of other hotels if you mean an ocean view from a high-rise quite a few blocks inland.

Also there are condo rentals in addition to all the hotels, Perhaps have different furnishings?

aloha, suze
Old Jun 22nd, 2023, 03:07 AM
J62

I don't think I've ever in my life come across a hotel room with a recliner... anywhere.

A different way to skin the cat is to get/bring a
WEDGE WEDGE
so she can sleep more upright on the bed...
Old Jun 22nd, 2023, 05:15 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't think I've seen a recliner either -- but I've had rooms with chaise lounges -- usually more up scale-ish, semi suites. I've also seen resort hotels with lanais/balconies with outdoor chaises which I suppose you could bring inside. You''just have to closely examine the room photo galleries of any hotels you are considering and then contact the hotel directly to verify.

I've not seen rental recliners - not to say they don't exist.
Old Jun 22nd, 2023, 05:18 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
To follow up . . . I just checked the Halekulani website and it shows photos of chaise lounges on their balconies
Old Jun 22nd, 2023, 07:39 AM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
Candlewood (in the IHG group) is the only hotel chain I know of that has recliners. Unfortunately, there's no Candlewood in Hawaii.

Don't know about rental recliner options but you could check a Rent a Center store to see if they do weekly rentals (about $20/ week) delivered to hotels and then check with hotels if they will receive the rental recliner.
Old Jun 23rd, 2023, 08:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
It's such an unusual question that I think your best bet is to find a couple of hotels that you may want to stay at and call them to discuss your situation and what alternatives are available. Good luck.
Old Jun 23rd, 2023, 12:07 PM

A sister in law traveled with a beach-style folding chaise lounge because she could not lie flat.
Old Jun 23rd, 2023, 02:51 PM

I've seen some hotels near major hospitals/cancer centers offer that. I think the best idea is a private rental where you can view the room and see (VRBO etc).

My Place motels/hotels have recliners but there aren't any in Hawaii.

https://www.myplacehotels.com/search

For Hawaii, Island Goodes has some rooms with a recliner but it's on the Big Island, near Hilo.
https://islandgoodes.com/

Their Ginger Room says it has a recliner even though you can't see it and some other room also. The Ocean View room also says it has a "reclining chair" and that sounds like the view you want. It also has a private lanai. I'd ask for better photos if you are interested.
I don't know anything about that resort, but it's adults only which could be nice. My niece went to the Big Island last year and loved it, but she was on the west side where I think most resorts are. The Hilo side has black sand beaches.

Now I have not been to Hawaii so others can talk about that location, unless you have your heart set on Waikiki and can find something there. The Hilo side is cheaper and less touristed.
I also guess I'd look for more private rentals somehow to get that, but recliner chairs aren't really the kind of decor you see/envision for Hawaii, actually.

https://uprootedtraveler.com/kona-vs...he-big-island/

Old Jun 23rd, 2023, 03:03 PM

you know, i realized that place has a slide show for the rooms and it isn't obvious to me about the recliner, or what the "reclining chair" really means, so I would ask a little more if you are interested, and better photos. Maybe they can move stuff around or something, I saw one chair in a room that looked sort of recliner like.
Old Jun 23rd, 2023, 07:09 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
have your heart set on Waikiki and can find something there. The Hilo side is cheaper and less touristed.

I don't understand "Hilo side" since you are talking about two different islands.