Green Bay Packers game hotel advice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2019, 04:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DH, a friend and I are hoping to go to a Green Bay Packers game and need some advice on hotels. Different companies that package game tickets with hotel stays and tours seem to book into different hotels. If the hotel includes transportation to the stadium on game day and for the tour the next day will it matter much if we are staying downtown or near the airport rather than in walking distance to the stadium? The company we were hoping to use that books into the Kohler Resort next to the stadium only packages game tickets in 2 or 4s and we would have to pay for a ticket we won't use. Since we need to upgrade to club seats (we need backs on the seats) this will be pricey.

Also if you have traveled to a GB Packers game we would appreciate hearing about your experience and if there is a tour company you recommend.
Old Apr 23rd, 2019, 08:37 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Well the Lodge Kohler would be great being adjacent to the stadium. Have you tried booking directly through the hotel rather than with a package? Or do you need the package to get game tickets? When I've gone to away games (Not talking Green Bay) I've usually been able to buy tix on stub hub or through the team's website -- only a Niner game in London did I need to book a package.
Old Apr 24th, 2019, 03:00 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Janisj, we are contacting hotels today and some offer rooms and tickets. so this maybe the way for us to go. Thanks.
Old Apr 24th, 2019, 08:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I stayed in Milwaukee and took a party bus up to Green Bay on game day.
Milwaukee is an interesting destination.
Old Apr 25th, 2019, 04:55 AM

Milwaukee is a great city!
Old Aug 4th, 2019, 07:39 AM

Good luck with your visit - it's worth the effort to visit Lambeau on game day;

Perhaps you've got this all sorted by now, but as a rule, we find the hotel is the hard part. Only so many rooms available in that small city!
But tickets can be had simply by throwing $$ at the problem.
Which game are you planning to see?
Old Aug 5th, 2019, 01:56 PM
Original Poster

Packers vs. Raiders which was not my first choice but one must compromise with the schedules of others. I dislike the Raiders and still haven't gotten over that Jordy went to Oakland after the Packers. I know it's just business but really, the Raiders?
We purchased a package with hotel, game tickets, stadium tour and a few other things. We were particular about the seats (had to have backs for our poor backs) and one tour packager was going to charge us for 4 game tickets even though there are only 3 of us going. Booked flights ourselves. Need to make some dinner reservations next.
DH and I are staying an extra day and renting a car to visit Door County. Hoping we will have beautiful October weather to enjoy a fall day.
Old Aug 5th, 2019, 03:59 PM

You know what, I agree with you about players signing with new teams at the end of their careers - why can't they just retire a year early as a long-time team player?
Glad you've got your tickets + so much more all squared away.