Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Green Bay Packers game hotel advice (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/green-bay-packers-game-hotel-advice-1666263/)

Scootoir Apr 23rd, 2019 04:57 PM

Green Bay Packers game hotel advice

DH, a friend and I are hoping to go to a Green Bay Packers game and need some advice on hotels. Different companies that package game tickets with hotel stays and tours seem to book into different hotels. If the hotel includes transportation to the stadium on game day and for the tour the next day will it matter much if we are staying downtown or near the airport rather than in walking distance to the stadium? The company we were hoping to use that books into the Kohler Resort next to the stadium only packages game tickets in 2 or 4s and we would have to pay for a ticket we won't use. Since we need to upgrade to club seats (we need backs on the seats) this will be pricey.

Also if you have traveled to a GB Packers game we would appreciate hearing about your experience and if there is a tour company you recommend.

janisj Apr 23rd, 2019 08:37 PM

Well the Lodge Kohler would be great being adjacent to the stadium. Have you tried booking directly through the hotel rather than with a package? Or do you need the package to get game tickets? When I've gone to away games (Not talking Green Bay) I've usually been able to buy tix on stub hub or through the team's website -- only a Niner game in London did I need to book a package.

Scootoir Apr 24th, 2019 03:00 PM

Thanks Janisj, we are contacting hotels today and some offer rooms and tickets. so this maybe the way for us to go. Thanks.

logandog Apr 24th, 2019 08:36 PM

I stayed in Milwaukee and took a party bus up to Green Bay on game day.
Milwaukee is an interesting destination.

jmoyogi Apr 25th, 2019 04:55 AM

Milwaukee is a great city!

29FEB Aug 4th, 2019 07:39 AM

Good luck with your visit - it's worth the effort to visit Lambeau on game day;

Perhaps you've got this all sorted by now, but as a rule, we find the hotel is the hard part. Only so many rooms available in that small city!
But tickets can be had simply by throwing $$ at the problem.
Which game are you planning to see?

Scootoir Aug 5th, 2019 01:56 PM

Packers vs. Raiders which was not my first choice but one must compromise with the schedules of others. I dislike the Raiders and still haven't gotten over that Jordy went to Oakland after the Packers. I know it's just business but really, the Raiders?
We purchased a package with hotel, game tickets, stadium tour and a few other things. We were particular about the seats (had to have backs for our poor backs) and one tour packager was going to charge us for 4 game tickets even though there are only 3 of us going. Booked flights ourselves. Need to make some dinner reservations next.
DH and I are staying an extra day and renting a car to visit Door County. Hoping we will have beautiful October weather to enjoy a fall day.

29FEB Aug 5th, 2019 03:59 PM

You know what, I agree with you about players signing with new teams at the end of their careers - why can't they just retire a year early as a long-time team player?
Glad you've got your tickets + so much more all squared away.