Turkey Aegean and Antalya region by car

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2019, 07:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turkey Aegean and Antalya region by car

Hello,
First Thread here.
I'll visit Turkey in 2020 after Ramadan. I'm planning 5 days in Istambul, 3 in Capadoccia, Day trip to Ephesus and Pamukkale. Thinking about flying the long distances and renting a car to travel through the Turquoise coast. I'll left Istanbul for last, go to Cappadoccia on the same day I arrive in Turkey. After Capadoccia (Goreme), take a plane to Denizli airport (visit pamukkale) then another plane to Dalaman airport, rent a car, sleep nearby, go to Kas for a cruise, stop at Fethiye, then turn the other direction and go towards Marmaris and Bodrum (stoping along the way). Take a plane to Selcuk visit Ephesus and anoger plane to Istanbul. I'd like some tips, Ideas. I'll have 10-13 days. Traveling with my boyfriend.
Thanks
Priscilla
Old Mar 17th, 2019, 09:22 PM
kja

I must admit that I'm not following your timing -- 5 days in Istanbul and 3 days in Capadoccia and a lot of going from here to there comes pretty close to 10 to 13 days, not counting any time to actually visit any of the places to which you hope to fly and drive. Maybe I'm simply not following.

Aside from saying that your itinerary seems to me very ambitious, I don't think I can comment on your itinerary without knowing anything of your interests.

You might find some useful information in my old trip report:
Some Observations on a Fantastic Journey through Western Turkey

Turkey is delightful -- enjoy!
Old Mar 17th, 2019, 11:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi Priscilla, as KJA said, rather impossibly ambitious,

- there are no flights from Goreme to Denizli, or Denizli to Dalaman or Bodrum and Selcuk.
- also, some of these are close enough so that you would not need to fly anyway.

You have time to plan anyway.

Consider:

-Possible flight from Cappadocia (KAyseri or Nevsehir airport to Izmir or Antalya) (there will be non to Dalaman or Denizli)
- Rent car and start driving in Western Anatolia

- starting at Selcuk (near Izmir airport) drive to Denizli for Pamukkale, to Fethiye (Bypassing Bodrum and Marmaris unless you have at least two days for each) and then to Kas
and then to Dalaman or Antalya will take a minimum of 6-7 days if you wish to see the sites on the route and enjoy your food and sleep also.
- Bodrum and Marmaris are built up resorts, inubdated with tourists during the time you will be visiting,
- Fly back to Istanbul from Dalaman or Antalya.
- Or you can do the reverse.

- Check cost of one way rentals between Izmir and Dalaman or Antalya and reverse. Prefer the major rental companies rather than brokers.

Follow my annual running threads for information, issues and suggestions.
Old Mar 18th, 2019, 06:07 AM
Original Poster

Hi,
Bodrum would be a passage city. Only if I decide to go to Kos (day trip? I'm a doctor and there's the tree of Hippocrates). I love history, I planning on visit the sites and I only wanted to go to Marmaris to take a gulet to cleopatra's beach. And Kas. So there isn't direct flights from capadoccia to Dalaman, I understand that perhaps is better drive? The flights I saw where cheap if purchased in advance. I'd like a sandy beach, turquoise and warm. I come from (Rio) Brazil. Lovely beaches (Although not turquoise color), but very cold waters. I'll have 2 weeks on Turkey, starting to read and plan this month. Thank you for any advice
Old Mar 18th, 2019, 07:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
ceceluz, start your planning with a decent road map of Turkey which also gives the distances.
you can take one day gulet cruises from Bodrum and Fethiye also..