Over rated Ritz Carlton

Search

Over rated Ritz Carlton

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2017, 01:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Over rated Ritz Carlton

Let's be honest, you hear Ritz and you think 5 star and pricey. Well, you are half right, it's pricey, but more like a 3 star hotel. Spent a week and it was a top to bottom disappointment. First fail was the patronizing e-mail about 3 weeks out from our arrival date, stating if you need anything let us know. I asked for 2 specific things - advice on transportation from airport to hotel and a special diet request. The reply was a link to a $400 limo service...I took a cab with no hassle for $29. The food request was never acknowledged and did not happen. Once at the hotel, asked 4 days in a row to fix the hot tub as it was far from hot, more like warm. Each day I was told 10 minutes....it never got hot...and finally I stopped asking. Be aware, once at the hotel, you have near zero choices for food, snack options except there very limited and grossly over priced restaurants. The single snack/coffee bar ran out of breakfast options 2 days in a row by 930 AM! Be prepared to pay $80 for a retail $20 bottle of wine. Get a salad at lunch, no bread, nothing. Pay the upgrade for the club lounge access $125 a day per person, even cheaper wine and bottom shelf liquor...snacks are nothing more than Sam's club egg rolls and such stuck in a micro wave. Dollar for dollar, stay at the Holiday Inn. It's closer to the mini mall, same beach and a very nice pool. I would never, ever recommend the Ritz to anyone - it was by far the worst week I have ever spent anywhere and I have stayed at more than a few nice places, but this operation is one full court press 24/7 run at your wallet. And just to add insult to injury, be ready to pay over $100 per day in additional surcharges/taxes on top of your daily room rate! I would tell you to talk to the concierge or "manager" but the entire staff is nothing more than student interns and you can tell that any senior manager is no doubt hunkered down in an office somewhere. I was amazed that as a guest with a one week planned stay no one ever once reached out to me to just check to see if everything was ok, or some small gesture, but no, not a peep, not a word. I have stayed at the 4 Season's and routinely staff will initiate the conversation and try to meet your needs and make you feel welcome. At this place, it's all about the tip and surcharges at every turn. I am seriously going to reconsider the all-inclusive options in the future.