hotel selection Santiago/Valparaiso Chile

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2017, 09:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our top priority for hotel selection is safety of hotel, and surrounding area, cleanliness, excellent bed and strong water pressure in shower, ideally recently renovated.

We only need the room to rest, good night sleep, and shower. Not looking for luxury, but close to places of interest and parks. Thanks.

To-date, our research indicates:
1. Hotel Foresta in Santiago
2. Hotel Ibis in Valparaiso
3. Hotel NH Collection Centro Historico in Buenos Aires
4. Pestana Buenos Aires

Kindly assist us with your comments, pros & cons, and alternate recommendations. Also nearby restaurants and supermarkets would be helpful. Thanks very much in advance.
p/s: we have 28 days to departure....
Old Nov 4th, 2017, 01:50 PM

It depends on what your budget is. The Foresta is very well located but quirky and people love it or hate it. I don't think it has been renovated since it opened. The Cumbres nearby on Lastarria should tick all the boxes but the cost is different. What sort of budget do you have?

The Ibis is an Ibis: clean and practical. It is on the flat part of the city and not what I would call the best part. Look at something on Cerro Alegre or Cerro Concepcion. There you will be able to walk to restaurants.
Old Nov 5th, 2017, 12:03 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Huentetu. Do you have a hotel(s) to recommend in the Cerro Alegre or Cerro Concepcion area. Our top priority is safety of hotel and the surrounding vicinity, clean, good bed and strong water pressure in shower. We are practical people, we do not need luxury. We just want a good rest and shower, and close to places of interest and restaurant(s) serving great seafood. Thanks very much
Old Nov 5th, 2017, 12:09 PM
Original Poster

Please accept my apologies. you did mention Cumbres. Would you know if there is a Hotel NH Collection close by. Is this area safe to walk? I like the area as it is close to the funicular to the highest point in Santiago and near the park. Thanks again
Old Nov 5th, 2017, 04:45 PM

The Cumbres is on Lastarria near the Santa Lucia hill and not near the funicular which goes up Cerro San Cristobal. That would be Bellavista but not as good an area to stay. You can walk to it from Lastarria though. The area the Cumbres is in is safe and plenty of restaurants on the same street.