Where to stay in Santiago, Chile

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2018, 03:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know nothing about Santiago. We will be there for 2 nights. What areas of the city should I be looking at? If you have any specific recommendations, I'm all ears. We prefer hotels to B&Bs, and generally prefer a modern vibe to an old-world vibe. (We can stay at certain Hyatts and Marriotts cheap, so if any of those are in recommended areas, let me know!)

Thanks for your help.
Old May 24th, 2018, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For a first foray into Santiago, and given the fact that you have only 2 nights, depending on your visiting interests I would suggest to stay fairly central and within easy walk of some of the main attractions. One area which may be fitting I think would be the Lastarria neighbourhood - walking distance to Santa Lucia, MAVI, Plaza de armas, Museo de arte precolombino, Bellavista, etc. You may want to have a peek at the Singular Lastarria or Lastarria Cumbres hotels for instance. While we have not actually stayed at either, we did go in and had a good look at these properties and both left a very favourable impression for what they were. (unsure about their respective rates though)

While Santiago does not seem to get a lot of love on this forum, FWIW I am sure I am in the minority but we actually enjoyed it very much and found it to be a very interesting, fun, and surprisingly dynamic city. We did spend a fair amount of time there and even at that were sorry we had to leave ... so soon! As with all subjective matters, your mileage may vary of course.