HNL airport 1 night hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

need 1 night hotel near HNL airport for my family. Arriving 9pm, leave 6 a.m.. I hear the HNL airport hotel is a dive-any suggestions, or is it that bad? Mahalo!
Old May 7th, 2006, 06:23 PM

Yes, all the hotels near the airport are dives. If you're not keen on staying near Waikiki, another alternative is the Resortquest Executive Centre, which is located on Bishop Street--the financial district. It's closer to the airport than Waikiki is, but it's not as close as the airport hotels themselves.
Old May 7th, 2006, 08:56 PM

Staying at the Executive Centre will require cab (about $20 each way), and a drive of 20 minutes or so.

The Best Western at the airport was recently renovated. May not look too wonderful from the outside, but the rooms are clean and quiet (according to a friend who recently spent an entire weekend there) -- and they have free shuttle service to/from the airport:
http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/selectHotel.do
Old May 8th, 2006, 02:58 AM

I stayed at the Honolulu Airport Hotel two months ago for a weekend. It's not 5-star, but it will be fine for the short time you are spending there. Yes, the rooms were clean and serves its purpose. Considering the late hour of your arrival and early departure, I would recommend staying there due to its close proximity to the airport. Why pay extra at another hotel for amenities you won't be able to use, at a location that will require a taxi fare and cut into your sleeping time? There is a Starbucks/Jamba Juice right behind the airport hotel that opens early.
Old May 8th, 2006, 03:40 AM

I agree with offlady. I stayed at the Honolulu Airport Hotel during an overnight layover between flights and it was fine. It was clean, quiet, and a free shuttle, perfect for what you need.