Search

HNL airport hotel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:21 AM
trg
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HNL airport hotel

Looking for a mid-range hotel at HNL with a shuttle. Also a good restaurant reasonably close (taxi) for dinner during an overnight layover. Any suggestions for either?
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 01:14 PM

These are the three Honolulu Airport hotels. All three have 24 hour free shuttles to airport:

Best Western the Plaza Hotel
www.bestwesternhonolulu.com
800-800-4683
(808)-836-3636.

Pacific Marina Inn
http://www.castleresorts.com/Home/ac...fic-marina-inn
or
www.pacificmarinainn.com
(808) 836-1131

Honolulu Airport Hotel
http://www.ohanahotels.com/hotels_detail.aspx?hotel=91
or
www.honoluluairporthotel.com
(808)-836-0661
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:11 PM

And we should mention none of these are very great. It is worth it in many peoples opiniions to stay downtown...
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 10:15 AM

You'd be better off getting a place in Waikiki - it's not that far from the airport and at least you'd be able to have a nice meal and enjoy your overnight stay on Oahu. There's not a lot of choice if you're stuck at one of the airport hotels like you'd have in Waikiki. Try the Ohana or Aqua Resorts - or book one through Priceline, Hotwire or Orbitz. The airport hotels just don't have the ambiance the other hotels offer.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 10:28 AM
JEC

Try the Doubletree Waikiki. It is walking distance to some good restaurants and not a far ride from the airport.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 10:47 AM

I think it depends on when your flight out is. If it's early in the morning, it would be easier to stay near the airport.

If you want to be able to have a nice dinner in Waikiki, you could stay near the airport and still take a taxi to Waikiki just for the dinner. I don't think you need to take your luggage and pay Waikiki prices just for that one night (I'm assuming, without researching, that the airport hotels are cheaper). Normally, I wouldn't want to stay near the airport, but it might be the best option (time- and price-wise) for a one night layover.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 11:36 AM

trg--
Just wanted to reply that our flight lands at 9:30 PM. I'll have 2 young children (2 and 5) along with my husband. We're flying out early (8:30 AM the next morning) and I have looked at everything to see if it's worth it to stay in Waikiki and it's not from our time perspective. There are no shuttles that I've been able to find other than the 3 airport hotels that have already been mentioned. If there are, I'd love to know about them.

We're staying at the Honolulu Airport Hotel, which has just undergone a massive renovation and I hear it is much nicer...which it should be for the $155/night price tag that we're paying for it the middle of July.

I kept thinking I could get a place in Waikiki for the same or less, which is true. But by the time we get our luggage, taxi into Waikiki ($30 and 30 minutes--with 2 young kids for whom it will be 4AM for), I figure it makes no sense since we'd barely even get a chance to put our feet in the water in the morning prior to our early flight. Then there would be a $30 and 30 minute ride back to the airport.

So, for us, it just doesn't make sense. If you have more time on either end then we do, then check out Priceline for a 4* hotel...you can get the Hilton Hawaiian Village and the Sheraton Waikiki for roughly $135-150 a night...but remember to add on the taxi in both directions.

Good luck!