Road trip from Milan Rome

Old May 27th, 2016, 08:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Road trip from Milan Rome

Dear all,

My family and i, parents and one kid have planned to do the road trip in Italy in October. From Miland to Rome, total 15 days. Can anyone please suggest the cities and driving routes for the said route? We're more interesting in views and historic architectures like tuscany more than museums etc.
Would appreciate if anyone could kindly help the advice the road trip itineraries? Thank you in advance.

Pao
Old May 29th, 2016, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would suggest heading to the coast near Genova, and then going back inland at Pisa, and driving south from Florence to Rome on the SS2, the ancient Via Cassia. This route will take you past many places that would make good stops for a night or two.

The coastal route will take you along the scenic Ligurian riviera, and near the famous (and very overcrowded) Cinque Terre. Further south, near Massa, you could take a short detour to the Apuan Alps. Then, you'd pass by the walled town of Lucca, and you could stop in Pisa.

Going south from Florence, you'd first head to Siena, passing by many charming Tuscan towns, such as San Gimignano (also crowded with tourists) and Monteriggioni. You could also visit the Chianti wine area. South of Siena, you'd pass through or near Montalcino, Buonconvento, Città della Pieve, and Orvieto. You'd also pass near several beautiful lakes: Bolsena, Trasimeno, and Bracciano.

There are too many interesting places to visit for me to list them all. I suggest you get a good guide book that covers Liguria, Tuscany, Umbria, and northern Lazio.