Search

Zip Lines in CR for kids

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zip Lines in CR for kids

Does anyone know of a zip line that a 7 year old is able to do? The Sky Trek web site says they won't let children under 8 do their zip lines. My daughter will have just turned 7 when we are there. My son will be 9. He really wants to do it, I'm not so sure if she does, but just in case - I'm wondering if any of the companies allow 7 year olds to go. Otherwise she may be just as happy to do the Sky Tram with my husband who is scared of heights while my son and I do the zip lines!
Thanks!
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 07:48 AM

Hi Shell,

You may want to contact Arenal Paraiso to see what their age requirements are. I haven't see the ziplines at AP, but from some of the descriptions I've read it <i>sounds</i> like they might be slightly more tame than Sky Trek.

I know that hipvirgochick did zips with her daughter on their first trip to Arenal. They didn't go to Sky Trek, but the name of the company they booked through is escaping me at the moment. I know they booked through their hotel - Silencio del Campo. Not sure exactly how old her daughter is though...

So basically, I'm probably not much help! :-S
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 08:08 AM

I'd call Sky Trek and ask when you get to CR. Since a guide goes with the smaller / younger kids (mine was 9 and small for her age), I'm guessing 7 could be ok. However, as you note, one could stay with your daughter while one goes w/ your son. They do have a sky tram only option (where you go to the top to hike but ride the gondola back down. FYI- I'm afraid of heights and would love to do it again!
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 08:47 AM

Are you just looking in Arenal?

We ziplined in MA with Canopy Safari and my 5 year old did the whole thing himself.

Just fyi
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Original Poster

emavejess - Great idea about ziplining in MA! For some reason I never would have thought to try there, I just had Arenal on my mind as the place to try it! I checked out the Canopy Safari website and it looks great! I think we may try it out there!
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 05:39 PM

My six year old did the canopy tour at Los Lagos. It was a lot of fun for the whole family. A photographer goes with you and takes a ton of pictures that he will put on a CD.
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 07:56 PM

Yep, Los Lagos will take young children on their zipline. We even ran into a family that took their four year old Canyoning through them.