What is best Arenal hotel for kids?

Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 01:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is best Arenal hotel for kids?

If we choose Arenal as our first stop rather than Monteverde, could anyone please make recommendations as to which hotel to book for 2-3 nights with children ages 7, 9 and 11. We arrive at 2:00pm on April 14 and will most likely have driver immediately get us up to Arenal that day. Is 3 nights too much in Arenal. After 3 possible nights in Arenal, we are heading down to MA, with an overnight stay on the way in La Finca.
Any Arenal help is apprciated.
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:25 PM

We are going to be there next month with our two kids ages 7 & 11 and despite our short trip have decided to pack in both Arenal & Monteverde. We also have decided against renting a car and have hired a driver.
We are staying at Tabacon and Monteverde Lodge and will do the bumpy (long) trip between the two by Car/boat/car which cuts it down to 3 hours.
We wanted definitely to see a cloud forest and to do the canopy/skywalk in Monteverde but also wanted to check out the volcano and hot springs in Arenal. So, if a relaxing trip is priority only do Arenal, but if you are prepared to lose a morning, you may consider doing both.
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:46 PM

Hi! May I ask how much your driver will cost and how you arranged it? We are weighing the driver vs. car rental from San Jose and Arenal. We will be there in March. There are only 4 of us.
Thanks!
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:56 PM

Our driver will cost $150 each way to Arenal/Monteverde from near Liberia. We are flying into Liberia.
Old Jan 24th, 2005, 07:59 AM
lvk

We stayed at the Arenal Paraiso with our kids, and it was fine. However, I think Los Lagos has more for kids to do(waterslides, butterfly, frog and croc. areas, hiking trails). It also gets good reviews on this board. Some of the cabins have kitchenettes, which also helps when traveling with kids. I think you'll find plenty to do in Arenal 3-4 days.

If you're staying at La Finca que Ama (beautiful place!), then Neta can help you with all your reservations and with a driver. She always has good recommendations and can get discounts.
Old Jan 24th, 2005, 08:10 AM
hopabout

Hi,
I am not sure of your price range so I am going to give you a few names just to help you search:

In La Fortuna tiny town there is Hotel San Bosco. Very family oriented with pool and jacuzzi, easy to get to restaurants, shops, etc.

On the road around the volcano, my choice might be Montaño del Fuego. And, of course, Tabacon Lodge. Staying there gives you entrance to the hot springs for your money.

I agree with the Los Largos comment but I don't like being that close to the cone! Great place!

hopabout