Yalmakan hotel Cancun

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3rd, 2001, 02:36 PM
Joan

Yalmakan hotel Cancun

Has anyone any feedback on the Yalmakan Hotel in Cancun? Thanks. Joan

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 09:50 AM
Dawn

I stayed there two years ago and I was not impressed. The room was very large and had a view of the water from a couple of smallish windows. Overall, I would say the room was a pretty good value. The food was awful and I mean AWFUL!!!! Also, the service was not good. We showed up once for our dinner reservation seven minutes late and they told us that we could not be seated under any circumstances even though the place was half empty. He argued with us for ten minutes until we finally gave up. Also, when we got snorkel gear, we wanted to have life jackets, but they refused. We even offered to pay a rental fee, but they told us that we could not have one even though there were dozens around. They also spent a lot of our time trying to convince us to buy a time share in the building. The beach was fine and they had some beach chairs, but all of them were taken by 9AM. The only other nice thing is that they have a fully manned tour desk through which you can book tours to Chichen Itza. I would pay more and stay some place nicer.

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 10:05 AM
xxx

Yuck! Only for those who can't afford anything else!

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 03:04 PM
Joan

Thanks so much for your quick advice. You've saved me from an awful sounding experience. I'll try something else.

Old Dec 5th, 2001, 04:40 AM
W.

I have stayed here before but the above poster is right. If you can afford to stay somewhere a little nicer I would. Last summer my fiance and I found a REALLY cheap trip. $300 pp for AI at Yalmakan for 3 nights, this included airfare from ATL and transfers. For the price I was pleased but it wasn't the greatest place. We are both in our 20's and spent alot of time out shopping and in the clubs, so we really didn't mind the mediocre hotel. So I would only recommend this place for those looking to get away for cheap or for maybe Spring Breakers!