Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Xandari: Which specific villa did you stay in and which would you recommend for last night of honeymoon?

Search

Xandari: Which specific villa did you stay in and which would you recommend for last night of honeymoon?

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone...one final detail left for our honeymoon...yeah!

We want to stay at Xandari for the last night of our honeymoon...and cannot decide which type of villa we want? We want something private (separate building), nice view, outdoor garden/terrace, outdoor shower...etc. So many of them seem to fit this criteria...so we're having a hard time deciding!

If you have been there...please share a description of which villa you stayed in and which villa you would recommend for the last night of our honeymoon. I also topped someone's else's post about this...so sorry for the repeat. Thanks!
Old May 5th, 2006, 05:23 PM

In March we stayed in #20 which is the villa pictured on their brochure with the high thatched roof. One of the 2 pools is right outside the door. There seldom was anyone at the pool. The room is very large with a walk-in shower and a nice patio looking out to the valley though there are quite a few trees all around. Very private but no blinds or shades on the windows. We liked that villa and really liked the entire property.
Old May 6th, 2006, 06:58 AM

Itswoody, thanks for the info. Was #20 conveniently located to the trails to the waterfalls, or would the villas near the spa be more convenient?
Old May 6th, 2006, 08:04 AM
KNJ

We stayed in one of the ultra villas (separate building). I'm not sure of the number it was the last one before the slope down to the spa. I didn't have an outdoor shower but, the shower did have a glass wall looking out onto the private courtyard. The terrace is pictured on the website, the one with the palapa it was huge and afforded an awesome view of San Jose. The paths to the waterfall start past the entrance to the spa but, you end up back by the main building so I don't think it matters where you stay. All of the villas are very nice though.
Old May 6th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses so far...keep them coming!
Old May 8th, 2006, 10:05 AM

I appreciate the responses too. We will be at Xandari on 5/25 and can't wait.
Old May 9th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Original Poster

Hey Kay_SD - did you decide which villa you are staying in yet? I still can't decide...and I have found very few pictures doing searches online.

I have spoken to a few different reps from Xandari...but still can't decide. I'm confused about the showers...do any villas have an outdoor shower...or are some kind of in a garden? I can't decide if I should spend the extra money on the ultra villa? I would rather not...but I don't want to be disappointed in the prima plus. Any thoughts or suggestions since you seem to be going through the same indecision right now? Thanks!
Old May 9th, 2006, 06:32 PM

Stop worrying - tell them you're on your honeymoon and take what they give you! It's a lovely hotel and you won't be disappointed.
Old May 10th, 2006, 10:59 AM

We decided to go with Villa #20. It looks very unique, and is close to the pool and main building. I told my husband it sounded like the other Prima Plus villas they offered us might be larger, and his rather sensible reply was "how much room do you need for 1 night." LOL I'm sure any room would be beautiful, and it's really the grounds that made us choose Xandari. We leave for CR in 3 days and can't wait. I'll post a review when I get back.