Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Which airline and from what US airport are flights liekly to be least expensive to Puerto Vallarta?

Search

Which airline and from what US airport are flights liekly to be least expensive to Puerto Vallarta?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would appreciate your help. I live in the NE and have a free flight wherever Air Tran flies. I really want to go to Puerto Vallarta in early December and I am trying to figure out which airport is likely to have the best deals to PV. I can fly to Dallas, Houston, Denver, the east coast, the west coast, etc. but I will have to take a flight to PV from somewhere I can get to on Air Tran. Any suggestions of what airlines and what airport usually has great deals to PV?
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 09:16 PM

AirTran is partnered with Frontier and currently has flights to PVR from Denver and Kansas City.
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 02:32 AM
Original Poster

I called Air Tran to see if I can fly Frontier with my certificate and they told me no. I actually have more than one free trip with Air Tran so it would have been perfect to use another certificate with Frontier but it's not allowed. So I want to fly into whichever airport I can get the least expensive flight out of to PV since I am going to be paying for that leg.
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 05:52 AM

Probably Houston or Atlanta, but the reality is you never know, airlines do some wierd things with fares from wierd places. The two above have a high number of direct flights to Mex. however.
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 09:05 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
US Air/America West flies thru Phoenix. Alaska Air thru San Fran, LAX, and Phoenix.

I fly Seattle to PV often using the above, but never have gotten "great deals". Flights have been fairly expensive for a few years now.
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 05:28 AM

You may want to try Apple or Funjet. They run charters from many different cities to PV. They are usually cheaper than the scheduled airlines. Denver and Dallas are both places that you could get good deals.
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 05:54 AM

I live in the NE also have always used USA 3000 this year they did not go to P.V. at all too expensive I guess. When I do not use USA 3000 I use Continental to HOuston, Seems like a lot of trouble to have to use that Air tran ticket maybe you should just save it and use Continental. I leave out of Phila. Fly to HOuston stop for about 1 1/2 then on to P.V.Good Luck
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 06:06 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Seems like you'd want to get closest, to get the most out of the AirTran ticket and the cheapest on the 2nd leg to PV/back. My guess is that's either LAX or Phoenix?