Puerto Vallarta advice

Old Feb 1st, 2006, 11:20 PM
Original Poster

Puerto Vallarta advice

My husband, who is a Mexican, and I and our 16 year old son are thinking of Puerto Vallarta this Thanksgiving. Our son is a tennis maniac so we want a hotel with a great court. Flying out of either PDX or SEA day before T-Day, return that Sunday. Will the airports be hell? Considering Marriott CasaMagna or Canto del Sol (for the tennis). Also wonder WHEN I should book and if cheaper to go the Orbitz route or book direct with airlines and hotel? Gracias.
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 07:51 AM

I have always flown Alaska Air between Seattle in PV. In the past they have offered the most flights options and decent prices. I book direct with the airlines (Orbitz is not cheaper).

Casa Magna Marriott is a very nice hotel but I don't know about tennis courts.

Yes the airports will be a zoo the day before Thanksgiving! but that wouldn't stop me from going. I would book sooner rather than later because of the popularity of the dates you want to travel.
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 07:52 AM

oops... Seattle to PV

Use Orbitz to check and see all the airlines and what times and prices they offer. Try for a nonstop if anyone's offering one. That really makes the trip so much easier.
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 07:37 AM

Los Tules and Dreams have tennis courts.
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 10:30 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Suze. Alaska does indeed have an excellent direct flight SEA to PVR with great departure/return times but the fare is $703. Ouch. Should I wait a few weeks?

Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 12:18 PM

Hmmm, sorry I have no idea what to advise you. That's around the price range I was finding the past couple years too. I think your Thanksgiving holiday dates may make it difficult to find a cheaper deal. That is a very popular week to travel.