Where to stay Uvita, Ballena National park, Domical

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! We are traveling with a five year old and going to visit the Ballena National park area in the beginning of April. Interested in seeing some wildlife and exploring the beaches. I am having a hard time deciding where to stay and was wondering if anyone knew a child friendly place. I have thought about Hacienda Baru. We would like to do a short tour there and explore some trails (maybe stay 1 night) but I think it might be too rustic for the three nights. Villas Gaia way south in Tortuga looks nice as does Costa Paraiso (cabins on the southern beach near Dominical-water is suppose to be calm)There is also another place Crital Ballena seems very resorty and is brand new. We will have a car and I know we will have to do some driving. Anyway, if anyone has any reccomendations please let me know. I have thought of just showing up but I don't know if we would have a problem. Right now I think their are rooms available ath those places. Thanks!
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 04:39 AM

No matter where you stay in that area, Bellena won't be too far. The coast road is new and in excellent shape as of a few weeks ago.

Can't help on places to stay with a child.
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 09:45 AM

Check out La Cusinga. I considered it when we went to Dominical last year. If you put it in the search box of this board you'll pull up a message about it.
Somewhere I came across a rec for it too that said its beach had calm waters. We ended up staying at Pacific Edge instead which we thought was fabulous, but La Cusinga looks better for kids. We hiked on the reserve at Hacienda Baru and thought it looked like a very nice property. Our hike with one of their guides there was great.
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 01:29 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information. I did check them for another date and they were full (La Cusinga). They do sound like a wonderful place although a little pricey for us. I am sure it is worth it with food included but that is something we could probably cut costs on.
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 01:59 PM

I have talked to a few people who have stayed at Villas Rio Mar and liked it. Food not included but I understand it isn't too far from town.
Old Jun 17th, 2005, 09:52 AM

WHALES AND DOLPHINS!!! so wonderful, super service, unbeatable view.