where to honeymoon in september?

Old May 16th, 2002, 07:54 PM
nicole

where to honeymoon in september?

my fiance and i are looking to honeymoon somewhere with beautiful beach weather and great food. nightlife is not a huge concern? any suggestions???

Old May 16th, 2002, 08:01 PM
hola

Rainy season! Sept. rainiest month of the year in Mexico!

Old May 17th, 2002, 04:19 AM
Mike

Hi Nicole:
Why not consider Costa Rica? Here are a few web sites, Villa Casa Blanca is one of one of my favorite places.
Hermosa is the nicest beach in the area.
Nice quiet beach, some night life 15 min away. This area is the driest in Costa Rica but you can still expect some rain.
http://www.costa-rica-hotels-travel.com/
http://www.costaricahotel.net/
http://www.ranchoarmadillo.com/
Tell them Mike from Spanish Dancer sent you and we can arrange a special sailing for you and your husband.
Good luck!

Michael Mills
Spanish Dancer Sailing & Snorkeling Adventures
http://www.spanishdancercharters.com/

Old May 17th, 2002, 01:22 PM
McH

Nicole,

I have to disagree with Mr/Mrs Hola. September is by no means the rainest month in Mexico. At least in the center of the country the rainest season is in the summer.

How about Puerto Vallarta? A taste of Mexico, nice beach, nice town, good restaurants...

Good luck,

McH

Old May 17th, 2002, 01:31 PM
Susan

I am a big fan of Puerto Vallarta! But September is not exactly the best month weather-wise. Still a bit humid with some rain (as in the summer months). Have you ever been to Mexico before? I ask only because it IS a foreign culture. I LOVE it there but you can't always count on things to go exactly as planned. And some people, especially for a honeymoon, might prefer a little less "adventure" in their travel destination.

Old May 19th, 2002, 06:03 AM
dick

NE Brasil. Beautiful beaches, great weather, fantastic food, wonderful people and very inexpensive.

Old May 19th, 2002, 10:45 AM
Scott Gauvin

Nicole,

though I am a proponent of Costa Rica, if you are looking for a beach experience there are better places to visit. If however, you want to mix up your vacation with beach and some interior explorations such as rafting, volcanoes, cloud forest, wildlife, etc... Costa Rica is one of you better options. September is a good time of year because it is the green season and rates tend to be slightly lower with more availability.

Old May 24th, 2002, 12:15 PM
Olivia

Hi Nicole,
Congrats!! I got married in sept. of 2000, its a great month to get married and to go on a honeymoon. I recommend Greece (The Greek Islands). I stayed in Paros, Mykinos(sorry if I spelled it wrong), and Santorini. It was wonderful!!! The weather is great, the food is excellent, and the people are very friendly. The best thing is that is very inexpensive. Every time I think about my honeymoon it brings a smile to my face. If you have any question please email me.
Good Luck!!

Old May 24th, 2002, 01:54 PM
Susan

Nicole, I realize you're posting on the Latin American board, so you're thinking Latin America, but I tend to agree with Olivia (above post). Greece is wonderful in September!

My concern with September in many parts of Latin America would be the weather, although maybe Brazil (as one poster suggested) might be good.