When to visit Cancun?

Old May 9th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When to visit Cancun?

Hi - We're trying to do the impossible and predict the best (sunniest) weather time to visit Cancun for 5 or 6 days ..... early October or mid December. Staying at the Omni. Any opinions? And how's the beach there? Thanks!
Old May 9th, 2005, 04:43 PM

Both October & December are hurricane season, so be sure to purchase cancellation insurance.

Old May 9th, 2005, 05:16 PM

Cancun's rainy season is May - October. The dry season is November - April. Hurricane season is July - November.
Old May 10th, 2005, 07:40 AM
Sunnyboy

Just to set the record straight officially the Atlantic/Caribbean hurricane season runs from June 1 through November 30. The most active period is usually September 1 through October 15 but as last year proved those dates are never set in stone when it come to predicting storms. The fact that it's hurricane season doesn't mean there "will be" a major storm only that there "could be" one. If there are no tropical fronts in the area the days culd be just as sunny and warm in October or December as they are any other time of the year.

Trying to predict which 5 or 6 days in October or December will have the sunniest weather is virtually impossible.

Old May 10th, 2005, 09:57 AM

Sunny Boy is absolutely right. Living here in SW FL, we avoid any trip to the Yucatan during hurricane season (last year really did a number on us). I stayed at the Omni years ago in May. In my experience, the humidity is comparable to what it is here at home (FL). I also think that the Omni is a good choice----at least, it was for me. If it were my trip, though, I'd opt for December.
Old May 12th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone!
Old May 14th, 2005, 04:54 PM

October is hurricane season, but by December, you should be past it. (Though I've done Cancun in September and had spectacular weather....you just never know for sure.)

Have fun!
Mark
www.tiogringo.com
Old May 20th, 2005, 02:34 PM

Hola!

We have been to Playa de Carmen in August, it was very clear and sunny, but hot as hell!!

Went to Cancun in Nov. for Thanksgiving and it was awesome weather. Not too hot, very clear and beautiful weather. In fact looking to return to Playa De Carmen for Thanksgiving this year. We liked it better than Cancun.

Good luck, you know Mother Nature, she has a sense of humor sometimes!