When does the high season begin?

Apr 19th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Original Poster

When does the high season begin?

Hi, just returned from my first trip to CR last week. It turned out to be an excellent time to go. We had great weather, yet we saw relatively few tourists. Most of the hotels and tour operators said that their busy season had just ended.

My wife and I are planning a trip back at the end of the year. We would like make it as late in the year as possible but still before the crowds come. When does the tourist season really kick in?

Thanks for your help.
Brian
Apr 20th, 2005, 05:40 AM

My fiance and I were there last November 9-16. The high season was just about to start (and prices rise) right when we left.
Apr 20th, 2005, 07:22 AM

I believe high season would be roughly from our Thanksgiving through Easter and this more or less corresponds with dry (or less rainy in some areas) season.
Apr 24th, 2005, 06:28 AM

Hi Bri,

High and low Season in Costa Rica is becoming Dry and Green season. The green season is from May until early July and a break in July for the little summer. From August till mid-November is considered rainy season. After that, back to the dry season. The green season is gaining popularity, sure there are less tourists but the temperatures are agreable. It is more green than rainy. Our impressions of day after day monsoons is cinema.
Apr 24th, 2005, 07:35 AM

And besides "high season", "peak season" is considered Christmas through New Year's and again Easter week. Prices usually jump a little bit (and a lot some places) more during these special weeks.