Reload this Page >

What should we avoid in Cozumel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2001, 05:42 AM
Cindy

My husband and I are going to Cozumel at the end of January. We have alot of suggestions on what to do. Now I would like to know if anyone can tell us what to avoid?This forum has been a very big help to us so far. Thanks to all!!!

Old Jan 4th, 2001, 08:03 AM
John from Barrie, Ontario

Avoid anyone offering a free car or free lunch/dinner. They are time-share sellers and will waste valuable vacation time. The "tourist information" booths in the downtown square are famous for this. Also, avoid the street vendors selling food (for health reasons). Avoid downtown all together between 11AM-4PM because it gets very hot. Avoid anyone being in your "comfort zone" while at an ATM or money exchange booth (common sense). Do NOT avoid going to the East coast and having a cold drink at "Coconuts". The view alone is worth the price of a rental car. Any other questions, email direct, been there three times, can't wait to go back!!

Old Jan 4th, 2001, 01:03 PM
TC

Avoid going into town on days when the most cruise ships are at dock. Its crowded and everything is more expensive on those days. <BR> <BR>

Old Jan 5th, 2001, 06:09 PM
Debbie

If you do rent a jeep to tour the Atlantic side of the island (head down that dirt road to the lighthouse for a spectacular view of the island), avoid wasting precious hours waiting in line at the one gas station in San Miguel to gas up the jeep. Just return it and pay for the gas used or whatever the deal is. <BR>Most importantly, avoid forgetting to kick back and just enjoy this wonderful vacation spot.

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 06:57 AM
tony

AVOID LEAVING COZUMEL!

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 01:48 PM
Brandi

Definitely watch where you change your money. We walked into a pharmacy that said they exchanged money b/c we forgot to do it at our resort. The rate of exchange they quoted us was much lower than the resort had told us. We promptly left and went to a bank to exchange our money.

Old Jan 21st, 2001, 05:47 PM
aaron

if you noticed that the responses you got are lame, the reason is there is nothing really to avoid in Cozumel. You can't even avoid cruises anymore from what I heard. Have a great time!

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 07:19 AM
yada-yada

Avoid Montezuma's Revenge!!