PUERTO VALLARTA

Jan 10th, 2001, 01:35 PM
DAVE

PUERTO VALLARTA

We are heading for a much needed time out in three weeks or so. We are to stay at the Playa De Oro. Someone told us there is alot of construction going on at the hotel at this time. We are kind of concerned about this and if anyone has any insight into this it would be most appreciated. We have never been to Puerto Vallarta before.

Jan 12th, 2001, 10:58 AM
Elena

Hola Dave!
How nice that you are visiting Vallarta for the first time. I hope that you have a wonderful trip and that you will make our town one of your favorite places.
Playa de Oro is located next to the maritime terminal, parallel to the main avenue. An access road was finished about 4 months ago, perhaps this is what someone told you about.
I have no doubt that you are going to have a wonderful vacation. Enjoy it.
Contact me if you have more questions.
Gracias, Elena.

Jan 16th, 2001, 07:53 PM
Laurie

Hi Dave...we just returned from P.V. and stayed at the resort next to the Playa De Oro...the Crown Paradise. We were able to use the facilities at the Playa but because our resort was an adults only, you can not use our resort.
Anyway, we didn't spend much time over there, but it looked nice.
The beach is a bit crowded, but they had two pool areas. Also a nice bar right on the ocean, as well as their restaurants.
Enjoy!

Jan 19th, 2001, 01:50 PM
DAVE

Thanks for the reply. The hotel contacted me and said the remodeling is complete. How far is it to walk into town? Laurie,can you furnish some must visit eateries or bars. Our group,seven couples,are big dancers.Our ages span from 40-55 yrs old. I do appreciate any information you would be willing to provide. THANKS

Jan 22nd, 2001, 08:57 AM
JRinPV

Hi Dave, Might take you 30 min to walk to town, the bus is only 3 pesos.
What style of dancing are we talking about? Send me an e-mail if you wish.
Hasta,
JR