Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

What's the weather like in June around Manuel Antonio?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How often and what time of the day does it rain in this area?

Old Oct 10th, 2008, 11:48 AM

We went in July, and it rained every afternoon but stopped by dinnertime. It was beastly hot during the day, so the showers were a nice way to cool things off. Check out www.costa-rica-guide.com for weather info.
Old Oct 10th, 2008, 08:03 PM

We were there for 11 days in June and it hardly rained at all. It never rained during the day and only half the evenings or nights (for a few hours). However, 2 weeks before we got there was the hurricane and obviously they got a ton of rain (literally).
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 04:19 AM

SiteC were you there June this year?

My daughter was in MA studying for a month this past June. For the first couple of weeks they experienced a few days of heavy rain due to a Tropical Storm. Downed trees, power lines, bridges out, etc.

So in her month she experienced everything from torrential rains, to drizzly rain, to bright sunshiney days. They did not have the flexiblity of doing tours, beach, etc during the mornings as they were in class until around 2 PM. But still they found plenty of time to do lots.

So me123, most often people are going to say "afternoon showers" and I do believe this is the norm. Just never can tell what Mother Nature has in store. But I can tell you my daughter and her friends had a fabulous time.
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 05:55 AM

me, I should tell you that the daily showers didn't prevent us from doing what we wanted to do; the sun is up around 5:30, so there's usually plenty of time to do what you'd like in the mornings before the showers roll in. I love a good rainstorm - it's kind of fun to do all your activities, and then just relax and watch the storms roll in.
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 06:32 AM

We were there end of June once, and there were brief showers in the p.m.

We've been there in July twice, same thing.

We were there this past August, first week of the month, and didn't experience much rain at all except for a couple of days in the late evenings and into the night.

Bottom line: in several visits during the rainy season, we've been lucky--maybe you will too!

Truly, I don't think it's that big of a deal. Check out this website:

http://costa-rica-guide.com/Weather/...rMap.html#rain
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 06:49 AM

dfarmer: Yes, 2008. We were in CR from June 2-12th. We spent our first 3 nts in Arenal (rained 2 evenings for a few hours) and six nts in Manuel Antonio (rained 2-3 times at night). However, you could see plenty of water damage from the recent hurricane (especially between Quepos & Jaco). We wanted to raft the Savegre river but had to raft the Naranjo as the roads to drop in areas at Savegre were washed out.