Search

Wedding/Honey Moon

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2002, 03:54 PM
Alison

Wedding/Honey Moon

I am planning to be married in Nov somewhere in Cancun. I have never been to Cancun and need some advice an ideal hotel for wedding and honeymoon. Here is what I want: all inclusive, good drinks and food, beautiful beach, casual atmosphere. What about Cancun Palace? Any advice?

Old May 9th, 2002, 03:58 PM
Alison

email address changed to [email protected]

Old May 9th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Diane

Alison, from your description I'd like to suggest you look south of Cancun to the Mayan Riviera. Cancun is very "college crowd" and reminds me of Las Vegas...but on the ocean. It's pretty much a concrete jungle with hotel after hotel after hotel. When you look down the beach, all you can see is sand and concrete!! If you want a tropical paradise, choose a resort on the Mayan Riviera. I have seen beautiful weddings at both the Iberostar Paraiso and the Barcelo Maya Beach resort. Both have what you're looking for and a whole lot more. Why not read trip reports on the following websites: www.caribbeanopinion.com<BR>www.cancunandrivierama ya.com<BR>www.debbiescaribbeanresortreviews.com<BR >Personally, I find these resorts so much more a little piece of paradise!!<BR>P.S. Others can recommend other resorts and there are many but do read reviews before picking one.

Old May 10th, 2002, 11:37 AM
a Professional Agent

You might also look at El Dorado Resort and Spa or El Dorado Royale for that quiet, adults only, secluded feel.<BR>Go to www.wiredflyer.com<BR>Click on any state and any agencies website. There are photo tours of all hotels in Mexico and many in Jamaica.

Old May 10th, 2002, 11:39 AM
a Professional Agent

I forgot to mention.<BR>The El Dorado Resorts give Free Wedding if you are staying 7nights or more<BR>in Oceanview or higher (El Dorado Royale) or Jacuzzi Rooms at El Dorado Resort and Spa.

Old May 10th, 2002, 09:47 PM
Alison

Thanks for the info. After some more research, I think Cancun may not be the best choice for us. Will focus wedding plans for the Mayan Riviera. Any more info would be apprecitated. I will check out the posted web sites. Thanks again!

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 08:48 AM
Gary

Alison,<BR>I am also getting married in Cancun in November (Thanksgiving Day). I have been to Cancun 2 times before and 1 time to the Mayan coast south of Cancun. I was going to have my Wedding at the Moon Palace but, they didn't want to adjust the wedding details how I wanted them. I contacted about 20 different resorts and decided on the Presidente Inter-Continental. It's not All-Inclusive but I didn't want that. There is so many different types of Restuarants and bars that I didn't want to feel guilty about going out. The Mayan Coast is very nice but a little to secluded for me. I like to get out and shop, snorkle, take a dinner cruise, etc. Well good luck and Congratulations. Feel free to email me with any questions.