Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Vista del Valle-Anyone stayed in the Tea House?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2009, 03:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, hubby has nixed Finca Rosa Blanca for our first night in Costa Rica, due to flight arrival times (late in day). We will be returning to Vista del Valle, which I really loved, and was wondering if anyone has ever stayed in the Tea House? Our favourite rooms are booked (Ilan Ilan and Mona Lisa-the two that overhang the bluff) so we have options of that, El Nido or the condos. I found the condos somewhat "concretey" and not "junglish" enough. Any recommendations?
Old Apr 5th, 2009, 03:28 AM

I always wanted to stay in the Tea House and it was always booked.. so if it were me that is the room I would choose. I have always been happy at Vista Del Valle.
Old Apr 5th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

Thanks ttraveler, can you tell me where on the property it is and a bit of description of the Tea house?
Old Apr 5th, 2009, 12:00 PM

I actually can't give you a description of the teahouse as I never stayed there. I fell in love with it on line. I wish I could help you more.. sorry.
Old Apr 5th, 2009, 07:28 PM

Hi,
We are booking a night at VdV in June with our two kids, I'm trying to decide between the Tea House and Mango Manor, from the virtual tours at their website the Mango Manor looked a little nicer to me but hard to tell. Have you stayed in Mango Manor?
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 03:20 AM
Original Poster

The only units I have stayed in at VdV are Ilan Ilan and Mona Lisa, and I loved them both. I have decided against the Tea House because I read in a previous post that it is not far from a gravel road that the workers use, and can be a bit noisy. I have heard good things about Mango manor but have not stayed there.
Another option you might want to explore are the condos on the property. They are newly built, have great views, and are close to all amenities like the restaurant and pool. You can check them out on the VdV website. Good luck!