Reload this Page >

Vacation Auctions on Website

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 04:21 AM
betty

Has anyone ever used the luxury link website to take advantage of the "auctions" of various luxury resorts particularly in Mexico. Looks as though the deals are fabulous but I am cautious about taking advantage of the "deals" if in fact these are really deals? The website certainly offers some fabulous resorts at unbelievable "auction" deals.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 06:14 AM
Ally

Yes, I bid and won a package on luxurtlink to Villa Caletas, Costa Rica. I think it was a great deal, as before I placed the bid, I went to the Villa Caletas web site and determined how much it would cost if I we're to go there directly, on my own. I figured that for the same amount of time, and what was offered in the package, I'd spend about $1,750. The minimum bid on luxurylink was $890, so I bid $1,000, and got it, saving about $750. <BR>Unfortunately, I ended up not being able to use the package, which was fine as the packages are transferrable, and I had no problem selling it!

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 05:55 AM
betty

Ally, thanks for your response. Did you have to place your auction amount with a visa charge? If so, was the site secure?<BR><BR>

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 07:58 AM
Ally

Betty,<BR>They sent me an email to let me know I'd one, and I paid by giving her my Mastercard number through email. I have to trust she didn't forward my info to all her friends! HA!<BR>

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 08:00 AM
Ally

Betty, wait, that not right! (I was thinking of another trip!)<BR>After I recieved the email, they followed up with a phone call to me..that's how they got my credit card number!