### Two Zippy Line Questions ###

Old Mar 7th, 2005, 05:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
### Two Zippy Line Questions ###

Each canopy tour company I read about has various amounts of lines to platforms. Is there any rule of thumb for x amt. of lines to platforms? I am sure each line is at a various length which may make a difference.

Zipping on through all that greenery I see on canopy sites, is one zip tour MORE SCENIC? We will be in Arenal/La Fortuna area and Quepos.

Thanks for any advice.

Old Mar 7th, 2005, 08:52 AM

All of Costa Rica is very scenic, but to be honest, the zip lines are more about the thrill of zipping than looking around. We have always found ourselves to be totally absorbed in the process of zipping from one platform to another. Time spent on the platforms tends to be focused on others who are zipping, especially family members! So I wouldn't worry too much about which area is more scenic. That said, it is true that some canopy tours offer more ziplines/cables than others--same activity, just lasts a little longer! I think it is safe to say that most canopy tours offer 9-12 cables and it takes a group a couple of hours to do a tour. Turu-Ba-Ri has one cable that is extra long and I understand it provides quite a rush.

Some cables may be a little higher than others, but the forest below provides a great distraction from the altitude. Other canopy tours, like in Monteverde, are higher, but you will be in the cloud forest, therefore zipping through the clouds--you won't be aware of much scenery. Hope that answers a little of your question. I'm sure others can add much more!
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 11:19 AM

Couldn't agree more with Shillmac. Basically, you see the scenery from the platforms. While you are "zipping" the concern is about your speed and that is about it. I tried to look at the scenery but don't remember much about it.
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 12:11 PM

We did the RioSPAraiso tour out of Queopos. We highly recommend it.

You ride horseback into the rainforest for about 45 minutes to their rustic lodge. The scenery on the horseback ride is incredible so you don't have to worry about not being able to watch the scenery when you are zipping on the zipline. They only have 6 lines but everyone in our group of 12 agreed that it was definitley enough.

They serve a wonderful lunch at their lodge after you are through zipping. After lunch they take you to a soothing hotsprings to relax and then you ride out.

Everyone in the group agreed that it was the highlight of our trip. It takes almost a whole day from pickup to drop off.

Our guides (Freddie and Mario) were great-very informative. They were really into ecology, which we found very interesting.

Old Mar 10th, 2005, 05:35 AM

Can anyone give me info on "RioSPAraiso tour out of Queopos"? Like where exactly it is and how much does it cost? We will be staying in Manuel Antonio area.
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 09:47 AM

klbrito: rioSparaiso has a site but for some reason their links are not working. http://www.riosparaiso.com/

I found out about it from this forum and contacted them through http://www.gaialinktours.com/ Go to Tours and Pkgs. then to Central Pacific then Quepos, MA and you will see their tour.

We ended up booking ahead of time through the management company for our villas. It was around $95. a person. And I had also e-mailed Gaia link tours and it was the same price.

I'm wondering if rioSparaiso is trying to do it on their own because these other companies charge a deposit fee, which rioSparaiso does not get.

I know that if you decide to do their tour you will love it!