Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Two 50-something women looking for R&R, great beach, massages, and general vegging out

Search

Two 50-something women looking for R&R, great beach, massages, and general vegging out

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 11:03 AM
Fran

We leave the hubbies home and meet once a year. Any suggestions as to a Mexican resort where we can find all this? Can be anywhere in Mexico.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 11:09 AM
Karen

Yes the Spa Palace near Playa del Carmen, great resort, great service, and great food, everything you are looking for, it is the perfect resort.<BR><BR>www.get-me.to/cancun<BR>

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 03:32 PM
Nancy

PDC is a good suggestion. Also Akumal.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 07:19 PM
Manny

Yes, the Royal Hideaway in Playa del Carmen

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 04:52 AM
Singer

The Aventura/Spa Palace is in Puerto Aventuras (about 15 minutes south of Playa Del Carmen) and has next to nothing for a beach. The beach at the Spa Palace is a man made lagoon blasted out of rock. The Royal Hideway in PDC is very nick but a bit pricey . The Riu Palace in PDC is a good option. They do have massages there and they have good service, good food and a GREAT beach. The beach at the Riu Palace is one of the best in Playa Del Carmen. In Cancun the Fiesta Americana Coral Beach has a spa and again is a bit pricey. Some good room rates can be had but the food and beverage is very, very expensive.Good luck !! Peace !

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 10:52 AM
PV

Puerto Vallarta?? Is great fun. I'm 48 single female and have gone tons of times (alone, with friends, relatives, in a small group). Maybe stay in Old Town? Lots of shopping, restaurants, bars, massage available (even if not thru your hotel or a spa there's lots of places). Or stay down at Camino Real or Mismaloya resorts a bit south of town for more services and ammenities on the property?<BR><BR>OK I confess the ocean and beaches are not as nice on the Pacific as on the Caribbean side... but I LOVE this town anyway!