tully

Feb 2nd, 2007, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

tully

Hope you are okay down there. Weather sounds horrible. Terribly sad news on the weather channel.
Feb 2nd, 2007, 10:20 AM

Suzie I am fine, thanks for asking. Nasty squalls came thru around 4-5am, not sure if the lightening woke me up or the 4 cats trying to all pile on top of me did it. Majority of damage was on the other (East) coast so looks like we were spared. I knew it was going to rain but I don't think anyone was expecting the extent. Again thanks.
Feb 2nd, 2007, 04:56 PM

Good to hear Tully!

We were so tuned to the 3 inch snow coming to West TN that I hadn't even realized FL was expecting Tornadoes. What extrememly odd weather! Tornadoes in February.

I know in the spring it seems all our bad windstorms and tornadoes tend to come in the night. Can't figure how that always happens.

Anyway truly hate reading about he damage.

Take care.

Feb 2nd, 2007, 05:57 PM

Hi tully

Glad you are okay , I was thinking about you down there in the sunshine state.

I am watching all the news on CNN,pretty ugly.

Take Care
Percy
Feb 2nd, 2007, 08:13 PM

Thanks Donna & Percy. We were really lucky, barely touched at all here, more noise than anything but to see that damage just an hour or so away! It's frightening how quick and unpredictable tornados are.

donna I agree about the weird night timing. Seems every time we may get sideswiped by a hurricane they always say it will be like 2-4 am. I mean, how can you go to sleep with that in your mind?!

I think the weather this year has been strange all over.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:00 AM

hey Tully, i live on the AL Gulf coast s o i know about the bad weather! Glad you are ok.My thoughts are with those families who weren't so lucky.
Got a ? Any info on family place ( 3 kiddos) near Arenal/ You ALWAYS seem to have an answer?
Thanks

Karen
Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:15 PM

Karen - can't say for sure cause I travel alone, but I hear a lot about Los Lagos for kids http://www.hotelloslagos.com/ . They have a nice pool set up with slides I believe. When I stayed at Arenal Paraiso they were a few couples with children, mostly I saw them in the deluxe cabins, which have 2 beds, so you may have to ask for a cot as well. They have several pools as well. Fonda Vela is right next door and is somewhat similiar, think a little pricier.