Tulemar Bungelows

Jul 18th, 2002, 08:39 AM
leslie

Tulemar Bungelows

Has anybody stayed there recently? Your comments are really appreciated.

Jul 18th, 2002, 09:39 AM
Monica

I was there two weeks ago and loved it loved it loved it. The bungalows are right out in the forest and I saw a coati climb a tree to my roof five feet away and Tucans from my bungalow also. Their beach is nice (although the one at Manuel Antonio is better) and their restaurant serves really good food. You can read about it in my trip report at http://www.markandmonica.com/Travel/...rica%207-1.htm

Jul 18th, 2002, 11:23 AM
Leslie

Monica;

thanks for the quick reply. I already read your trip report. we cannot decide if we should stay at the bungalows or rent a house. do you know of anyone that has rented a home in the manuel antonio area?

Jul 18th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Monica

Leslie: How many people will be staying in the bungalow, and how long will you be in the Manuel Antonio area? If there are only two or three of you (or a family with two children) and you're not going to be in the area for more than a week I'd stay in the bungalow. The two rooms are big enough to give everyone space, and the kitchen is adequate plus you have housekeeping, the beach with snack bar, pool and the restaurant at your disposal at the Bungalows.

Jul 18th, 2002, 12:29 PM
leslie

there will be 8 of us (possibly). i was thinking of renting two bungalows. is the beach good for swimming and what is the beach bar like? food there too? and can you see the ocean from your bungalow. Did you stay in the premium one? why is it that much better? as you can see i have lots of questions. thanks for all of your answers!!!!

Jul 18th, 2002, 03:25 PM
Monica

Two bungalows would work for you but maybe it would be cheaper to rent a house? However, I don't know anything about renting a house in Costa Rica so I can't speak to that. We got a standard bungalow, it was fine. Not sure what the deluxe buys you. We were in #122 which is at the end of a walkway. You could ask for that one and the one next to it. Yes, you can see the ocean from your room (in our picture gallery on our website of Tulemar all of those pictures were taken from our room). The beach is nice, hermit crabs and lizards gallore, monkeys if you're lucky, a real gentle slope out to the ocean and enough surf for boogie boarding. The snack bar has drinks and they send up for food from the kitchen (so a full menu is available). Like I said before, their restaurant has a wide variety of good food so you won't be disappointed there. So your decision is really going to be about having everyone in one place and maybe spending less money by having a house.

Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:45 AM
jj

Tulemar is a great place. Private beach, loads of wildlife (however, we were there in August). Great bar, pool area with view over the hills. We stayed there our entire time. lots of excursions from there. We did experience an earthquake tremor- and it was scary-bungalows on stilts.

Jul 22nd, 2002, 09:44 AM
Kathy

Dear JJ,
Hi! I read your comments regarding Tulemar and have a few questions. My 15 year old daughter and I are going this August. Would Tulemar be a good place for us to stay? Or, for just the two of us, is it a little "remote"? We like interacting with other people. Also, how far is it from the MA beach and park? How was the weather in August while you were there? How many nights did you stay and was it too long/short or just right? What excursions do you recommend? Looking forward to your reply. Thank you. Kathy

Jul 22nd, 2002, 12:04 PM
jj

Kathy, I can highly recommend Tulemar for you two. It is not at all remote, it is near all the other hotels and a short drive(a long walk) to M.A. I can't say about meeting other teens there, it depends what other families are staying there when you are. We saw more animal life there than at M.A. The beach there is not as nice as the M.A. beaches, but it was safe to swim at most times of the day for our preschoolers and it was convenient to have a beach on the property. We stayed 9 nights, which maybe was a bit long, but we had young kids and wanted to stay in one place. I would recommend maybe staying 4 nights, and then stay in another part of C. R. We enjoyed the Damas river tour-lots of monkeys jumping on the boat. We enjoyed close to shore fsing excursion-kids caught lots of large fish. Hanging around Tulemar and hiking on its rainforest trails allowed us to see sloths, coatamundis(tame one there we fed bananas to down by beach, blue morph butterflies, raccoons, a troop of monkeys,praying mantis, huge moths, and large iguanas in a safe environment. The pool and outdoor bar/restaurant area has a wonderful view of the rainforested area and ocean. In Aug. I think you see more wildlife. It poured rain ev. aft. for a couple hrs. or so, rest of day was mixed sun & clouds. Pleasant temp though, v. warm (wore swim suit in evenings, for ex.). When we were though a few yrs. ago, they were trying to subdivide the property for condos; you may want to ask if any of this has started yet. There was an iternational mix of guests when we were there, which we liked. I think Si Como No has more Americans; also it has a pool waterslide. We had lunch there 1 day and the kids used the pool. From what I saw, I liked the Tulemar better, maybe because it was a little more Costa Rican, I think it is owned by Costa Ricans.

Jul 22nd, 2002, 01:32 PM
Monica

Re: subdividing Tulemar for Condos--not that I saw three weeks ago. They were constructing something off to the side of the road that leads down to the beach but I think it was just another bungalow (couldn't see or hear it from the other bungalows so don't worry).

Jul 22nd, 2002, 02:19 PM
leslie

well it sounds like everybody likes tulemar. thanks to everyone for your comments. i'm looking forward to going there. by the way, did anybody stay at the premium units, so far I cant find anybody that has. I'm curious why they are $100 more then the standard.