Search

Manuel Antonio beaches?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 05:47 AM
Sharon

Manuel Antonio beaches?

We are thinking about staying at th Si Como No Hotel at Manuel Antonio. Are there safe beaches there for young children? Can you do any snorkling from the beach area? Also, does anyone know about the Hotel shuttle to the beach? Can you get it to and from the beach and about how long of a ride? I would really appreciate any advice you could share.

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 08:54 PM
Terri

Sharon: Si Como No is up on a hill overlooking the jungle and coastline near Manuel Antonio. It has no beaches within walking distance. (It does, however, have a nice pool with a waterslide.) It's a very beautiful Americanized hotel.<BR><BR>I only visited the beaches inside the park. They are a bit of hike, so it depends on the ages of your children. I would not consider them good snorkeling beaches. There is also a beach in the town of Manuel Antonio right on the main road, but I couldn't tell you whether or not it was safe for young children.<BR><BR>You can get to and from the beach and park in Manuel Antonio very easily from the hotel. We stayed at Villas Nicolas next door and were able to catch the bus directly in front of Si Como No. The ride is approx. 15 minutes and costs the U.S. 35 cents.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 12:25 PM
Sharon

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. i may need to do a little more checking.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 04:50 PM
Monica

At Manuel Antonio we stayed at the Tulemar Bungalows, which are really good for families (you get a two room suite) and they have their own beach down the hill (off of a private road). Not good for snorkeling, and I thought there was a bit too much of a tide to be comfortable letting my 19 month old daughter play in the water by herself, but I took her out past the surf where the water was calmer (the beach stays shallow for a long ways) and thought that was fine. You can read our trip report at http://www.markandmonica.com/Travel/...rica%207-1.htm

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 05:47 PM
Sharon

Monica,<BR>I enjoyed reading your trip report. It was very interesting and helpful. Thank you.