Search

MA or Monteverde

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MA or Monteverde

My friends and I will be staying at a timeshare in Guanacaste (Flamingo Marina resort and hotel). We've never been CR before. When I think of CR I think of great wildlife, rain forests, and great hiking. In our enthusiasm to grab a timeshare we didn't do our "homework". I think the things we will want to do are probably not in Playa Flamingo area. We are thinking of adding at least one other destination to our trip (2 or 3 nights)Where should it be?
Old Mar 8th, 2008, 03:48 PM

Manuel Antonio has great wildlife in the national park, as well as a beautiful beach. If you don't mind a little development, it would be a good choice for you. Lots of hotel and restaurant choices there and very easy to get around.
Old Mar 8th, 2008, 06:14 PM

Two summers ago we went to both Manuel Antonio and Monteverde. We liked Manuel Antonio better. We saw more wildlfe in Manuel Antonio and the beaches are beautiful. We didnt see much wildlife in Monteverde even though we hired a guide. The only thing in Manuel Antonio we didnt see any monkeys where people said that there are so many of them. There were signs everywhere to not feed them and they were nowhere to be seen. Luckily we saw lots of monkeys other areas. We saw lots of sloths and other animals and birds.After you tour the park in Manuel antonio, you can spend time at the beach.
Old Mar 9th, 2008, 08:22 AM

meliss, my friend had a similar experience in MA. We went to the park and saw more monkeys than we could count, literally so close that we could have touched them. My friend went there for her honeymoon a few months later and didn't see a single one. I was really surprised because we had seen so many.
Old Mar 11th, 2008, 10:52 AM

I couldnt believe it. Thankfully we saw a bunch of them in the beginning of our trip. We really would of loved to seen alot of monkeys there. We still loved Manuel antonio.