Search

Travel ideas anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travel ideas anyone?

Hi, a friend and I have about 4 days to spend traveling in Costa Rica. We'd like to spend our time near the beach....what region would be best? Thanks!
Old Jun 8th, 2005, 02:42 AM

Are you flying into San Jose or Liberia? If you're flying into Liberia you'll be closer to the northern pacific beaches. If you're in San Jose, take a Sansa or Nature Air flight down to Manuel Antonio. Does that help?
Old Jun 8th, 2005, 04:23 AM

Annie, that really depends on what you are interested in doing while at the beach.

Are you looking for Simply Relaxing on the beach? Surfing? Jungle Trekking? Kayaking? Funky little beach towns? Do you want to be on the beach or are you ok with a stunning view up high overlooking the ocean?

And what time of year?

Is 4 days all that you have in CR or what you have set aside for the beach portion of your trip?
Old Jun 8th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the reply! i'll actually be in CR for a language program -- dominical for 1 week and turrialba for 2 weeks, then i'll meet my friend who is flying in to san jose. we have 4.5 days for relaxing on the beach. any way we can do all of the above?? actually, relaxing and being on the beach would be nice, maybe a funky little beach town too. will be there first week of july....
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 05:09 AM

Annie, Since you will have already been in Dominical...

not sure of your budget or your ages...

But, I am going to recommend looking at the areas on the Nicoya Pen. MalPais, Santa Teresa, Tamarindo, etc - you may consider taking a domestic flight to these areas.

Also consider Manuel Antonio, although there are only a couple of lodgings actually on the beach, most are set high up into the hillside.

Once you have looked at these areas, possibly you could post with further questions and some budget ideas?

Hope this gives you some place to start.