CR (Manuel Antonio) Beaches

Old Sep 21st, 2005, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CR (Manuel Antonio) Beaches

Have read lots about the beaches in the Manuel Antonio area. If nothing else, they appear to be quite diversified. What, and why, are your favorite ones???
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 02:13 PM

Hi Bob !!
Love beach no.3 inside the park , calm curved beach with a gentle slope ideal for swimming , simply picturesque !! (it's called beach 3 , but is actually the 2nd beach inside the park and also known as Playa Manuel Antonio or Playa Blanca ) , Beach 2 is beautifulas well longer with a bit more surf perfect for body surfing (actually the 1st beach just inside the park , just after the toll booth , also known as Espadilla Sur ) The 1st beach or public beach is a busy , fun , colorful beach with lots of local character .... ( also known as Playa Espadilla ) One of our faves is Biesanz Beach which you get to by going down the road past Mariposa , Makanda , towards Parador Hotel . Tiny , calm , exotic beach with a great view of the mountains in the distance ..... You will share with an assortment of farm ducks , roosters , dogs and depending ... a cow !! A no frills beach , but a gem in my eyes .
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 03:16 PM
Original Poster

Faithie...you're a gem...thanks SO much for the info - I was wondering why I was getting a little confused about the beach situation ... and now I know ...the first beach is Beach #2 and Beach #3 is actually the second beach...NOW I get it....seriously, really appreciate the info!!! Also heard lots about Biesanz Beach and will definitely be spending some time there...
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 04:35 PM

Thanx !!! Are you in the Osa before or after M.A. ? Two entirely different styles of place .... Both with great beauty , but one remote and with a newly discovered feel , the other more easily accessible ,discovered some time ago !!
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 06:01 PM
Original Poster

After much consideration, decided to give Osa a pass this time (will be back!!!). As this is our first trip, decided to spend three days in Arenal (Paraiso), 3 in Samara (Villas Kalimba) and four in MA (2 nights at V Nic and 2 at La Posada)....only wish we were leaving tomorrow!!!
Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 04:32 AM

Me Too !!!! With the kids the last trip we passed on the Osa as well , but will try to make it on our next trip . They absolutely LOVE to swim in the ocean , and M.A.'s calmer beaches allow for that . As well the easy access to different restaurants is great. For an interesting walk/hike , walk to the end of the big public beach (Playa Espadilla ) (direction away from the park ) , you will see Natures Beachfront guesthouse , a little road is beside it , if you go up this road it connects at a fork to the road that takes you to Biesanz Beach ..... remember after a hot day at the beach to treat yourself to yummy drinks at Cafe Milagro . Then change , and for an incredible sunset and fireflys catch " before dinner drinks " at Barba Roja . After that wander down the little driveway just next door to Karolas for a great meal and super ambience .
Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

Faithie...you certainly have a knack for describing a wonderful afternoon...thanks and will definitely take this walk...