Transportation & weather in Panama

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2003, 09:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are going to Panama next June for 3 weeks around the 15th of June or so. We will be seeing friends who just retired to run a diving resort closer to the San Blas area and then want to go to Boquete Bocas area-so like many of the visitors, we will be at both ends of the country. We are debating taking buses versus flights-both scare me a little I must admit. We spent 2 months 10 years ago taking 2nd class buses in Chiapas, Mexico and it was kind of hairraising-but we have also flown into some remote places and that can be exciting as well. Can anyone tell me about these alternatives in Panama? Time isn't too big an issue since we should have between 18-21 days. Should weather be a consideration since it will be rainy season? Though I understand that it only rains hard once a day.

Thanks in advance!

Old Sep 19th, 2003, 04:32 PM
Original Poster

to the top-hoping for some advice from some of you Panama "hands"

jpie
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 05:24 PM

Fly to David and taxi or bus up to Boquete, a wonderful place. Bus or taxi to David and bus to Bocas (fantastic), maybe fly back to Boquete or Panama City.
Old Sep 27th, 2003, 02:54 PM
Original Poster

Kathy-thanks for the response-it seems like maybe this combo air/bus is the way to go.........I am excited to go-Panama sounds really fun
Old Sep 28th, 2003, 12:24 PM

Let me highly recommend Kalima Suites in Boquete. It's new,in a good location and has stove, refrig, coffeemaker,etc. I stayed there for 2 months last winter with a monthly rental rate. Believe it is about $45/night for short stays. It's owned and operated by a lovely couple, Diana and Gustavo. Contact them at [email protected] and tell them that Kathy says HI.
Old Oct 11th, 2003, 06:39 PM

In December 2002, we did like Kathy - fly to David, bus to Boquete, bus to David, bus to Bocas (lovely drive across the country), fly to Panama. We also flew to and from San Blas and to and from the Darien. 17 days. It was the "dry" season so I don't know what to tell you about driving in the rainy season. But you will have a great time, no doubt about that.

I really loved Boquete. My son and I went horseback riding above the town.