Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Better to fly or take bus Panama City to David?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 05:40 PM
Kathy

I hope to visit Panama in February and after seeing Panama City want to go to Boquete via David. Bus or plane, time frame no problem; will my luggage be safe on the bus, are the buses comfortable and airconditioned? Thanks for replies.

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 08:34 AM
sandy

Hi Kathy,<BR><BR>We went to Panama in 2000, flew to David, $109 round trip, flight was about an hour.<BR><BR>We only had about 9 days and didn't want to spend a lot of time on a bus, that's why we flew.<BR><BR>Hope this helps a little, BTW, Panama is a great destination.<BR><BR>If you want to write me directly, take out the nospam in the address above.<BR>Sandy<BR>

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 07:21 AM
JV

Today a round trip to David is 113.40 US dollars. The Bus costs around 25 US dollars (round trip). Your luggage will be safe and ride is very comfortable. The bus has TV, VHS and air conditioning, in fact I think it has a restroom also. The difference is that by plane you will be there in 1 hour and by bus it will be 5 to 6 hours and there is a express overnight bus.

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 02:20 PM
Kathy

Thanks so much for the replies!

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 07:43 PM
alberto

Kathy,<BR>Definitely, by plane!<BR>I made the trip by land about 4 years ago. It rained all the time, and it was a long trip. Not too comfy.