Terrible location for Ocean Maya Royale

Old Dec 4th, 2016, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terrible location for Ocean Maya Royale

I'd just came back from a 9 day vacation to Ocean Maya Royale, Playa del Carmen, MX., when we purchased the trip, we browsed for several hotels and adults only. The grounds were beautiful but our room was full with mosquitos that buzzed our ears every night not to mention being a mosquito food the first two days. The beach at this location was terrible, nasty mud on one side and we expected the beach to be clear, instead we got lots of dark sand on the other side no beach at all. The sandy area where we launched everyday on the grounds of the hotel was filled with cigarette butts from all the smokers smoking constantly in the area. The staff throughout the resort was great! Tips were included in this booking but my husband likes to tip the locals anyway and the service gets even better. The food was very good. The Dolce Vita restaurant had a great petit filet that was really good, we tried Sookoso, a tepan style japanese restaurant with sushi, nigiri, and other dishes and the service was great! Thanks to Genaro and Mari and the other people that work in the restaurant. Blue Moon restaurant was ok.
Overall, loved the food and the service. Room overrated online. Never going back to this place.