tentative itinerary for CR-open to suggestions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2003, 11:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Day1 -arrive in san jose late at night and are staying over close to the airport. <BR>Day2-leave to fly into <BR>Quepos and take a cab to La Mariposa where we will be for the next 5 days. We have 2 days of deep sea fishing planned, beaching, touring Manuel Antonio, my husband and teenage sons plan on 4wheeling, i plan to do more beaching. Would love info on canopy tours, etc. in that area.<BR>Day7 - fly out of Quepos to San Jose. need a rec of where to stay. have 3 teens and we will be leaving the next morn for a 2-day rafting trip on the Pacuare and return to leave on day 10 for the states. Any help would be appreciated.<BR>Sheila
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 05:27 PM

You don't say which tour company you are using for your rafting, but I believe most of the rafting operations pick up at the Hampton Inn. We used Aventuras Naturales and stayed at the Hampton the night before our rafting trip just for that reason. The other nice thing about the Hampton is that they will store your excess luggage while you raft. We took a bus from Quepos which dropped us at SJO. From there it was a 5-minute wait for the Hampton Inn shuttle. It was very convenient to stay the Hampton. Plus, it's a nice Americanized chain with the usual amenities.
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 07:17 PM

I have used both Rios Tropicales and Costa Rica Expeditions. They pick you up at whatever hotel you are staying in. Leaving luggage behind for the rafting is pretty common and most places will hold it for you.
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 10:37 AM

As for Canopy tours in Quepos/Manuel Antonio areas....there are three. Canopy Safari, Dream Forest Canopy and Rainmaker. Rainmaker is a walking tour on suspended bridges, the other two are zip line tarzan-style. All provide transportation from the hotel. Reserve at La Mariposa 24-48 hours in advance. (By the way, you'll LOVE the sunsets from La Mariposa!)<BR>One hotel owner in the area recommends Canopy Safari as more of an 'experience' with swimming and picnicing along the way.
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 05:12 AM

Hi,<BR>Just came back from C.R. last week. There is a new tour in Quepos that is not recommended by some hotels because of the competition. It is actually the best tour I have taken there. It is called adventures at rioSPAraiso 5 in 1 tour. I went up on mountain horseback, did a canopy flight, bathe at the hot mineral springs pool next to the river, did some nature hikes, saw some Tucans, Iguanas, birds. What a magical rainforest! I stayed at their jungle lodge overnight with just candles at night. This place is PARADISE! My whole trip was prepared by a new company in Costa Rica called GaiaLink Tours &amp; Services, they also operate this exclusive tour in Quepos. Do not miss this tour in Quepos, it's a memorable experience. Their website: gaialinktours.com, go to their exclusive tour link and customize your tour link and you are on your way to being helped by some nice people. Good luck!