Reload this Page >

Stayed 1 week at Iberostar Paraiso Beach

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 03:49 PM
jennifer

My boyfriend and I recently returned from the Iberostar Paraiso Beach on the Mayan Riviera. This was our first trip to Mexico and loved the Mayan Riviera. Turqoise blue water, white sand beaches. The resort was large and so we were able to have a quiet, relaxing week to ourselves. Took a day trip to Xel-Ha and Tulum. Would highly recommend Xel-Ha, would take an entire day to see the whole park. We can't wait to return to the Mayan Riviera.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 07:20 AM
stevie

My husband and I are planning our lst trip to the Mayan Riviera and have booked our stay at the Iberostar Paraiso Beach and we would like to know if this is a good place to stay. We find alot of information on the Iberostar Quetzal and Tucan, but nothing about the Iberostar Paraiso Beach and the Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar. There are so many choices and it is very confusing.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 08:49 PM
Peggy

We are planning a trip to Playa Del Carmen this summer and trying to decide between Iberostar Paraiso Beach vs. Iberostar Quetzal. Please provide details that might help us choose.

Old Feb 13th, 2003, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We just returned from a glorious week at Iberostar Paraiso Beach (same grounds as Paraiso Del Mar but newer). It felt like fantasy island! It is farther from town than Quetzal, but the hotel has a free hourly shuttle into town so that's no big deal. The food was good, the pools were amazing and the staff was unbelievably courteous. If you have any other questions, I'll do my best to help.
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 09:27 AM

For my trip report on the Paraiso, check on www.mts.net/~eissner/<BR>The only differences between these two great resorts, off the top, would be that the Paraiso is not good if you want to do any scuba diving (you have to travel down to the Quetzal first) and the Quetzal is closer to PDC if you want to be close to town.
Old Feb 14th, 2003, 05:59 AM

More reviews of Iberostar All Inclusives in the Mayan Riviera can be found here: http://www.ramproductions.com/survey Just click on &quot;Find A Resort&quot; and you'll get an alphabetical listing.
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 06:41 PM
Airlawgirl

I stayed a week at Paraiso, and spent THE ENTIRE TIME AT THE IBEROSTAR TUCAN/QUETZAL-In my opinion, there was absolutely no comparison. I had no idea that the Paraiso was on the airport road-in other words, on the way to NOWHERE. PDC is a some 20 minutes to a half hour away, with the town center, the hotel zone (which is quite nice) and all that PDC has to offer. There's NOTHING by the Paraiso. Yes, there is a shuttle, but who wants to keep to that shuttle schedule-particularly since the last one is around 10:00 pm or so? Otherwise, you're going to have to spend more than a few dollars on a taxi to get back to that isolated place! Not only that, I found the Paraiso staff unhelpful, the rooms far away from the restaurants (, you had to take a little golf cart from the farthest rooms-if you didn't want to walk 10 min.)-and I absolutely felt that I could have been in Las Vegas, Texas, or anywhere USA-the place did nothing for me. Now the Iberostar /Quetzal, on the other hand, was like heaven-it's one of the finest resorts I've ever been to, and I've been to some beautiful resorts, from Bali to Belize. I have recommended this resort repeatedly since spending my time there-the slice of tropical forest that runs through the resort was amazing-there were beautiful scarlot parrots, a family of monkeys, small Central American tapirs scampering about, and yes, a lovely Toucan in a huge cage-it was simply THE BEST. The food, ambience, and the wondrous beauty of the place made me feel truly like I was in another world. Guests at the other hotels in the PDC hotel zone would come over to the Tucan simply to check out the flora and fauna, which is all marked with signs so you learn what is what. The stone pathways leading down to the pool area-which is always busy, always has something going on for kids and adults-pottery painting, Spanish lessons, aerobics, whatever you need-the frozen marguaritas (way better than the Paraiso, by the way), it was all good. Everyone I talked to felt the same way-and I saw many of the people at Paraiso spending their days at the Tucan just as I did. One man got so angry when he pulled up to the Paraiso that he got his travel agt. on the line, demanding that she get him out of there, and into the Tucan. <BR><BR>I wish someone had made it clear to me before I booked that the Paraiso is really isolated, it was not fun, the food was in no way as good as the Tucan/Quetzal, and it had absolutely no ambience whatsoever-in a word dull and very disappointing. There's simply no contest between the 2 resorts-it's Tucan/Quetzal all the way-and I intend to go back just as soon as I can.

Old Feb 26th, 2003, 08:33 AM

Hi Folks,
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 08:41 AM

Hi Folks, <BR><BR>Just a short note to tell you all that I have stayed at the Iberostar Quetszal two years ago and we stayed at the Iberostar Paraiso beach last year. They are both nice but I have to give the nod to the Iberostar Paraiso Beach. The pool, meals. rooms and service are all one notch above the Quetszal/Tucan. We will br returning to the Iberostar Paraiso Beach again this year in Sept. Request a room in building 3300 or 3400 facing the pool and on the third floor. You will not be disappointed. I promise you.<BR><BR>Donald R. Wechselberger