Shillmac and others traveling to CR w/kids

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jill, I have been unable to get a response from Sansa re: Child's carrier. Tried emailing and calling...no answer.
We are flying Sansa from SJO to Quepos in one month. Family includes two G-kids. 5 years old and 16 months. Our first week we rented a house in MA. Having been to MA before I was thinking we would be better off with the baby in a back-pack rather than manuevering a stroller on the roads/trails etc.
But can you fly Sansa with a kids carrier/back pack? The web site talks about strollers, but doesn't mention other child gear. I'm afraid we would get to Sansa in SJO and they would say no way and we would have to leave the pack probably never to be seen again and then be scrambling in Quepos trying to find a stroller.

(After week one ...daughter and her hubby and the 2 kids fly home, other daughter and her hubby (no kids) will join us for week 2 at Bosque!! We rented Casa Blanca again. It's our second trip there..can't wait!)

Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!! Toni
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 09:40 AM

Hi Toni. We haven't done this, so I don't know, but I wouldn't worry one bit about it. I can't IMAGINE that they would refuse you. Perhaps someone else will have a more complete answer, but if it were me, I'd not think twice about it. Especially during such a slow time of year. . .
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 09:42 AM

Another thing, when our granddaughter was 16 months, we took a front pack (maybe back, too, not sure--my daughter used it) for her. It didn't have a frame and could be packed. It was for larger children, bigger than the Snugli. You might consider that.
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Jill! I finally got a real person at Sansa! He "thought" it would be OK...so we will go for it. We considered the Snugli type carrier but she is a hefty little gal and not sure that will work. hahaha Thanks again,all of your tips and other posters tips are invaluable. Thanks to your info I am becoming a regular at BdC!!
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:57 PM

You have a great time with the grandkids--glad you're not taking them to Bosque. I'd love to take our 3 year old GD, but it's just to soon for her to appreciate it and for us to enjoy ourselves fully with her there!
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 07:32 AM

They take surf boards and strollers so I wouldn't think you would have too much trouble with a child backpack even with a frame. There might be a small charge if anything. Those aren't heavy so I doubt there would be much of a charge.

I used them for our kids all the time (they are in their 30's now) and it made life so much easier at times. Our daughter used one for her kids for hiking around too.

Have fun with them!
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 05:02 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.
Yes we definitely decided BdC would be too remote for a 16 month old.
I know they have had kids as young a 6 months old there, but it would certainly curtail our treks on the property. Thanks again....Toni