Several Questions about Ecotermales

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2006, 06:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After four e-mails, Ecotermales finally confirmed my reservation. Now I find that I have a lot of questions:

1. I have reserved for "the evening" and dinner. What time does "the evening" start? (It sure would be nice if we could drive there in the daylight since I've heard that it's hard to find.)

2. At what time is dinner served?

3. How much does it (entrance and dinner)cost?

4. Do they take credit cards?

5. Is there a locker/changing room?

6. Do they provide towels?

Thanks to anyone who can answer my questions!
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 06:06 AM
Original Poster

Anyone?
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 08:03 AM

Missy, I'm going to visit Ecotermales in August. I have an info sheet that the agency sent me, but the only questions of yours it answers are that they have changing rooms and lockers. I'm sure they have towels. I've never had to bring my own towel anywhere in CR. It also says that lunch and dinner are buffet. When you get to CR, I'd call them and find out the specifics. We will be paying the agency for this visit as part of our whole package, so I don't know the cost for individuals. I'd say it's a good bet that they take credit cards.

Sandy
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Sandy. Since I posted this I did a word search and found a trip report where someone said that they had to leave and go to an ATM to get cash because they didn't take credit cards.
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 10:47 AM

Good to know. They need to put more info out.

Sandy
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 11:57 AM

we were there last month - it is great - here are your answers:
the "evening" begins at 5:00 - we got there at opening and had the place to ourselves for about 10 minutes which was great

you can eat dinner at whatever time you want - they ask you what time you want to eat when you get there - we ate around 7 and it seemed like most ate around then

no credit

there are lockers and towels povided

there is an honor bar where you order your drinks and then when you leave you tell them what drinks you had and you pay for everything then

they don't put info out because they rely on word of mouth
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Janster. Do you remember how much it cost?
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 11:10 AM

the entrance was 18.00 each - the dinner was 35 for the 2 of us and was really delicious - they give you a choice of chicken or beef and then serve it with tortillas, beans, rice, plantains i think and a salad - dessert was a rice pudding which was yummy - they also serve a different juice every night and bring a huge pitcher to your table - we had papaya/pineapple - it was so good!!! and refreshing
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 12:42 PM

What is this 'Ecotermales'? Do they have accommodations there? Sounds like the sort of evening my mother would enjoy on our upcoming trip. Trying to find fun things for my 79 year old mother and myself to do while in Arenal. Thinking of 2 or 3 nights there - just haven't found a place to stay yet.
Thanks
Carrie
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 06:44 AM
Original Poster

Original poster here. Over the weekend, I did receive an emailed reply from Ecotermales to some of my questions. Here is what the email said: "The rate for adults is $19 for the entrance fee, and $13 for dinner per person. And the childs (betwin 3/10 years old) $12 for the entrance fee, and $10 for the dinner per child.
We resive for the moment only Visa Cards and cash( Dollars or Colones)."

Doesn't that make it cost about as much as Tabacon's evening rate?
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 12:03 PM

dcsam, I don't believe they have accommodations, but I think your mom would like it. I have an info sheet w/ photos if you can't find anything on the web. I really like to stay at Arenal Lodge, and there are many other good hotels in Arenal, and most of them have a perfect view of the volcano from your room.

Sandy
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 05:00 AM

My family visited Ecotermales during our trip to Costa Rica in January 2006. They did take Visa credit card. The changing room with lockers was nice. The drinks were wonderful and dinner was very good. Towels were provided