Seeking Lost Iguana Resort Info!!

Dec 9th, 2004, 04:55 AM
Original Poster

Seeking Lost Iguana Resort Info!!

Hello,

I am hoping to get feedback from anyone who has stayed at the Lost Iguana Resort near the Arenal volcano. My husband and I are almost finished planning our CR vacation for the beginning of July and have stumbled across the website for the Iguana, but are concerned that there may be too much construction going on, since the website says several buildings are to be "ready in 2005". Our current itinerary is Vista del Valle for the first night, fly to the Osa, stay at Bosque del Cabo for four nights, return to San Jose, rent a car then drive to the Peace Lodge for the next four nights. However, we are now thinking about splitting up some days to allow us to go to Arenal for a couple nights if the Lost Iguana seems worth it. Can anyone help with advice? Thanks!!
Dec 9th, 2004, 09:14 AM
Iza

do a search on this board, there were several very recent posts about that hotel
Dec 29th, 2004, 08:51 PM

I just stayed at Lost Iguana this past weekend. It was great. I have status at a number of hotel chains, so if there had been a major brand anywhere near the volcano I would have been there instead of Lost Iguana -- and I would have really missed out.

My room was excellent, the staff was friendly and provided great service, and was able to watch a small eruption and a few lava flows at 4:30 AM from my room. I highly recommend Lost Iguana.
Dec 30th, 2004, 04:59 AM

I absolutely loved our stay at Peace Lodge, but 4 nights may be just a tad to long.

You may consider renting your vehicle and driving to Arenal, then ending with 2 nights at Peace Lodge.

I also remember very recently reading about Lost Iguana. If my memory serves me, the post were very positive.
Dec 30th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Original Poster

dbucko and dfarmer,

Thank you both for the info--we have decided to extend our stay in CR by one day so we can stay at the Lost Iguana for three nights and the Peace Lodge for our last two nights. Can't wait!!
Jan 7th, 2005, 01:09 AM

dbuckho: Me too! We are also thinking of staying at the Lost Iguana in Arenal. I was wondering if they have nice grounds...can you walk or hike on their grounds? Can you see wildlife on the grounds?

Did you eat any meals at the Lost Iguana and how was the food?

Did you have the "standard deluxe" room or the "luxury suite" with the jacuzzi bath on deck? I was wondering if the luxury suite is worth the extra money. ($160 for the luxury suite. $110 for the standard deluxe.)

Thanks!