Search

Sayulita vs Bucerias

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Susan

Sayulita vs Bucerias

I haven't even taken my summer holiday yet, but I'm already thinking about where to go in the winter. Has anyone stayed in both Sayulita and Bucerias? How do they compare? They sound as though they aren't too far apart - maybe a few days in each? I'd love to hear some opinions.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 06:16 PM
bobbi

Hi Susan<BR>We stayed in Bucerias last February and loved it. Small town feel, great beach, lots of good restaurants. It's quite spread out so you can either be close to town or quite a distance away. IF you need any info on accomodation just let me know! We also rented a jeep one day and traveled north to Guaybitos stopping off in Sayulita on the way back. It seemed like a really nice little town. I can't comment for sure on accomodation, but it did appear that most places to stay were on a hill, so it is a bit of a walk to the beach. You might be more limited in restaurant choices, but someone who stayed there may have more info. I liked Bucerias because it was an easy bus ride to PV if you wanted to go into town. It would be much tougher from Sayulita unless you had a car. Sayulita on the other hand would seem much more secluded and off the beaten track. Depends what you like in a holiday. I must say I was really impressed with Guaybitos and would also love to stay there for a few days. Lots of good places to eat and a great beach. Much further north though of course. I think your idea of a couple of days in each is a good one. Best of both so to speak. We loved our accomodation and I would be happy to tell you more about it if you'd like. Have a great trip.<BR>Cheers

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 02:27 AM
kimberly

Is a day trip possible to Bucerias? If so, how does one arrange for a trip from the marina area? Any recommendations on retaurants/bars in Bucerias?

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 04:28 AM
Susan

Thanks for your reply, Bobbi. I would love to hear more about accommodations. We are interested in places less than $100 CAD (that's about $60-65 USD). How far was Guaybitos? It sounds interesting as well.<BR><BR>

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 06:29 AM
JRinPV

You can get a bus from the Marina area to Bucerias, every half hour.