Search

Sayulita versus San Pancho

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sayulita versus San Pancho

Hi, We are trying to decide between a Casa rental in San Pancho or Sayulita. I have emailed past renters on Casa Ladera in San Pancho and got great reviews,quiet town etc. Sayulita rental is Casa Angel,again return emails describe this as amazing etc.Question is - does anyone have opions on either of these towns,pros/cons? Has anyone seen or know of these rentals? We are going in May into June and so far the vote is for Casa Angel in Sayulita even though it looks more built up. We are not surfers and are looking for enough local activites for 3 weeks but also a cool refreshing relaxing Casa.Any help would be appreciated. Rosetta
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 07:18 PM

With out a doubt, Sayulita, much more fun and character. Don't know the place.
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 07:00 PM
dar

I just visited Sayulita and loved it, it is big enough yet small enough. Another good thing is that is is a 1/2 bus ride to Bucerias to shop/wander/eat. Or you can bus right in to PV.
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 04:20 PM

Sayulita is more colorful and bustling than San Pancho. I am afraid to swim in San Pancho as I have heard they have a dangerous undertow. Although I have not heard of any drownings. The beaches are quite different. Sayulita is fine sand and San Pancho is grainy. I would choose Sayulita and take a taxi ride to visit San Pancho on a day trip. Both however would be relaxing.
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 04:59 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
My friends who stay out that way prefer San Pancho, exactly because it is smaller with less "going on".
Old Nov 14th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Original Poster

HI, I am so behind, but I wanted to post a short trip report. We did go to Sayulita in May, flew into PV from Harrisburg, rented a car from geco car rentals who picked us up at the airport and took us to his location. The car was great. The rental was Casa Angel, you can find it under sayulita rentals .com. The Villa was ammazing. The view was spectacular. The villa was elegant in every aspect. We had maid service who also cooked a meal for us, we had a pool and gardner who came every other day. The maid Maria came every day. We were so pampered. The villa was decorated high end with tile floors, art work and the bedrooms were wonderfull with AC. The pool was about 5 foot deep and long. My brotherin law did laps. It doesn't appear to be so long but it is. The view from the house is totally unobstructed by any other villas. The sun sets were beautiful. The local town was big enough for restaurants and shopping but still quaint. We drove to San Francisco and I am so glad we did not rent there. It is flat and had a FEW restaurants. The beach was long and pretty but it was built up. Eric the manager is from the US and was helpful with planning trips,advise on what to see etc.It exceded my expectations. You will love the area and its only a short didstance toothe cities and PV if you want to go there to the market and the big grocery store.May was warm and AC needed, it started to rain the first week of June pretty much on schedule. If you want a relaxing vacation with costs cheap( the meals were great and inexpensive)and still have the ability to swim in the ocean, surf if you like that or go sightseeing this is a great time out.I will gladly answer any replies. Take care. Rosetta
Old Jan 8th, 2010, 05:47 PM

Looking for recent experiences in Bucerias, Sayulita, and Rincon de Guayabitos. Please share.
Old May 20th, 2010, 02:47 PM

San Pancho, without a doubt. The restaurants are better, the accommodations are better, and the beach is terrific.