San Miguel de Allende day trips?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2005, 05:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My mother in law is headed to San Miguel De Allende with a broken arm and is petrified to walk around the cobblestone streets. Anyone have a suggestion of a few day trips that are in "flat" areas or nearby towns to spend the day?
Thanks!
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 07:24 AM

Hi syd,
Sounds like MIL knows the area. A fx'd radius should not be too limiting, but a humeral fx is not good.
The SMdA "cocktail combat boots" are recommended by nearly all for the local streets.
Anyway, Atotonilco and Dolores Hildago should not be too stressful. The colonial areas of Queretaro, Guanajuato and Pozos are much like SMdA.
Check www.portalsanmiguel for organized trips, and she can check the Atencion when she arrives for weekly events.
M
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Original Poster

thanks so much! I'll pass this on right away.
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 11:39 AM
eb

Definitely take the bus over to Queretaro. It's a beautiful town. She needs to check out when things are closed down tho. The day we happened to go all of the museums, some businesses, etc. were closed. The sidewalk cafe's reminded us of Paris! Also, the bus systems in this area of Mexico are very impressive. The Bus station in Queretaro reminded me of a small airport terminal! We loved San Miguel!
Old Mar 23rd, 2005, 09:25 AM

There are also the Saturday Adventure tours, which benefit the Centro de Crescimento. They put you on a bus to a local something. We were there once and it was a tile making place, and when we got married in San Miguel we chartered them to take all of our guests to Atotonilco and a local ranch. Just for reference, my mother-in-law had no problems on the cobblestones with acute and extreme hip arthritis (she had both hips replaced right after one of her trips down there), so I wouldn't think a broken arm would be too prohibitive as long as she's wearing comfortable shoes! There are also the hot springs, as long as she keeps the cast out of the water I guess.