Search

San Jose, CR Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 04:54 PM
Kathy

San Jose, CR Hotel

I'm going with a group and therefore, didn't pick the hotels. Problem is: I can't find any info on the net or in my book about Residencias de Golf Hotel. Has anyone stayed at this place.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 08:05 AM
monica

Kathy,I stayed there about 5 years ago and it was very nice, you can´t go wrong. It is safe and quiet but out of the way of San Jose. While you are here in Costa Rica you can shop around for a different hotel if you don´t like that one, but you will.<BR>Monica

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 06:26 PM
Kathy

Thanks Monica,<BR>Can you tell me what you mean by "Out", how far from the downtown area? There are 33 of us so changing hotels is not an option.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 05:44 AM
Ally

Web site says about 10 miles from San Jose...<BR><BR>http://reservations.lodging.com/serv...n/UI_28492/n1h

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 07:47 AM
monica

Kathy,<BR>by &ouml;ut¨I mean it is along the highway that goes from the airport to San Jose, about halfway along. (Don,t worry, no noise in rooms). I would say about a 15 minute ride in a car which really isn´t that long. It´s just that if you want to go out and eat at night, cab rides add up. You can always take the bus but for your first time here just rely on cabs. There are good resturants every where but hardly any at all where you will be.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 08:45 AM
Tina

Kathy,<BR>Surely you are staying in San Jose the entire time? It's fine for a night or two, but to truly see all the beautiful nature that CR has to offer it's best to get to other parts of the country. Arenal? Manuel Antonio? One of the beaches?<BR>

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 02:56 PM
Kathy

Thanks for the add'l info. We are staying at that hotel only one nite, less than 24 hrs in San Jose. We'll spend most of our time at Arenal and Flamingo Bch.